It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #1

babyface HB User
Question Weight gain with Crestor

Has anyone had weight gain with Crestor? I've gained 8lbs in the 8 weeks I've been on Crestor. I'm also a diabetic (diet controlled) so I have to keep my weight down and work out at least 4 days a week. I'm also having a problem with elimination. I've started drinking more water and eat Fiber One cereal for breakfast about 5 days a week. Salads are my lunch choice, so I think I get plenty of fiber. Could the elimination problem be the weight gain problem?

Old 01-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #2

DeAnne 641 HB User
Re: Weight gain with Crestor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface
Has anyone had weight gain with Crestor? I've gained 8lbs in the 8 weeks I've been on Crestor. I'm also a diabetic (diet controlled) so I have to keep my weight down and work out at least 4 days a week. I'm also having a problem with elimination. I've started drinking more water and eat Fiber One cereal for breakfast about 5 days a week. Salads are my lunch choice, so I think I get plenty of fiber. Could the elimination problem be the weight gain problem?
I have been on Crestor for about 2 wks. So far I have had no problem with weight gain, and I feel great. I too am a diabetic; diet controlled. I eat nothing "white", no white sugar, flour, pasta, rice, ect...it works for me, I lost about 25 #s doing that. Now I am just hoping the Crestor takes care of some of the bad LDL (total 641) which I am told is "genetic". Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #3

babyface HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnne 641
I have been on Crestor for about 2 wks. So far I have had no problem with weight gain, and I feel great. I too am a diabetic; diet controlled. I eat nothing "white", no white sugar, flour, pasta, rice, ect...it works for me, I lost about 25 #s doing that. Now I am just hoping the Crestor takes care of some of the bad LDL (total 641) which I am told is "genetic". Good luck!
DeAnne 641,
I didn't gain weight until about the 4th week, then I gained 2 lbs. a week for the last 4 weeks. It sounds as is if you're on Sugar Busters, from the description of illegal foods. That's what I use to control my weight and my diabetes. It works for me also. I lost 24 lbs. 3 years ago and haven't gained until I started the Crestor. I was also told that my bad LDL was "genetic.
I believe we are like 2 peas from the same pod.
Hope you continue to do good!

Old 01-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #4
Inactive

zip2play HB User

babyface,

Weight gain isn't a common complaint with statins. I had no trouble losing 30 pounds on low carb (Atkins) over 18 months, all the while taking Lipitor.

Have they perchance put you on a beta-blocker for high blood pressure? Something like atenolol or propranolol can pile the pounds on.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:10 PM   #5

babyface HB User

Zip2play,
No problem with blood pressure. I'm on Fosamax and Premarin(.45). I'm weaning myself off the Premarin(Dr.'s orders). I only take it every other day and will continue for 3 months and then stop.
I'm eating more fiber for the elimination problem which started with Crestor. I've lost 2lbs this week, but have cut down on food intake. Do you think this might be the solution?

Old 01-23-2004, 04:31 AM   #6
Inactive

zip2play HB User

It might not be the solution but it's a help and extra fiber has many benefits.

FOSAMAX sometimes causes constitpation and bloating and premarin can cause water retention (heavy, heavy water).
God only knows the efffects of premarin weening (a good idea BTW...)

Closed Thread