It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

clerky96 HB User
Question on continuing leg pain after stopping Lipitor

I am still having leg pain. It is better, but it has been 2 months since I quit taking the Lipitor and I thought the pain would be gone by now. Does it sometimes take a long time for it to go away? How do you know if you have permanent damage from taking the medicine? I am beginning to wonder if I have something else going on here.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

janeslk HB User
Re: Question on continuing leg pain after stopping Lipitor

I am wondering about this, too. My husband is so much better, but still has some pain after more than a month off Lipitor. He seems to relapse if he tries to exercise it. We took a mile-long walk the other night and he had the old-type pain for the next two days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

clerky and jane....Sometimes it depends how long U are on statins. My husband was on for 7 yrs. and after going off of them, it took a good yr. before he felt better. While on statins he also developed type 2 diabetes and peripheral neuropathy, which is a permanent thing.

I was on statins for only 6 months, 3 months of Lipitor and 3 months of Baycol. I developed severe GI problems and also terrible leg pains, so took myself off of them. Took the GI dr. 9 months to straighten my problems out, and about 6 months for the aches and pains to go.

Many here have taken CoQ10 and have had very good results with it, have either of U tried it? Don't know how they would determine if the damage was permanent or not, guess only a nuerologist could check for that. Hopefully the pains and aches go away, but I guess it will take time, unfortuenately, God only knows how much.

Best wishes....

Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

clerky96 HB User

Thanks JJ. I have been taking CoQ10 for about 6 weeks now. So far I don't see that it is doing too much, but I am going to continue to take it.
Janeslk, I exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes daily, and my legs are pretty painful by the time I am done. But I have decided that I am not going to put my life on hold, waiting for the pain to be gone. Good luck to you and your hubby.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

clerky..I would continue to take it and also keep up the exercise. Like I said, most folks find it takes awhile to get over the damage that statins do to them. Statins deplete the body of CoQ10, so it is going to take awhile to build things back up. Best of luck....

Closed Thread