It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

troublex2 HB User
Question foods and beverages

i am still not understanding what i should eat.i do not understand the labels and all that.
can someone give me a few dinner and snack ideas?i am a very picky eater.
what beverages should i stay a way from and which ones are good for me?
alao,i am on crestor,take vitamins-odorless garlic and one a day multi vitamins,is it okay to take vitamin c while taking all that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: foods and beverages

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublex2
i am still not understanding what i should eat.i do not understand the labels and all that.
can someone give me a few dinner and snack ideas?i am a very picky eater.
what beverages should i stay a way from and which ones are good for me?
alao,i am on crestor,take vitamins-odorless garlic and one a day multi vitamins,is it okay to take vitamin c while taking all that?
Have U talked with your dr. about a good cholesterol diet? Usually they will have their nurse, or someone on the staff give U some good ideas. If U are still in the dark, do a web search for foods, good and bad for cholesterol, U will get plenty of ideas. Make sure U also do a web search for low glycemic foods, and they also have sites on how to read food labels.

I see no problem with U taking vitamins & suppliments while on Crestor, but U can always call your pharmacist and ask to be on the safe side. Noone can give anyone a specific diet to go by, as we all like different things, just stay away from fast food joints, too much soda pop, anything with alot of sugar in it, and anything that says partially hydrogenated on a pk.

Stick with as much veggies and fruits as possible, and for snacks, a handfull of mixed nuts is good, popcorn ( just don't overdo), yogurt, or even a nice small dish of cut up fresh veggies.

Good luck, hope this helped. U will get use to labels as time goes on..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

gardeninggal HB User

jj, that's good advice. I heard once that we should eat foods that look as close to they did when they grew in the garden and if while reading the label if you can't pronounce it don't eat it. Not being the perfect humans we stray but those once in a while unhealthy treats won't kill us but a steady diet may.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeninggal
jj, that's good advice. I heard once that we should eat foods that look as close to they did when they grew in the garden and if while reading the label if you can't pronounce it don't eat it. Not being the perfect humans we stray but those once in a while unhealthy treats won't kill us but a steady diet may.
Thanx gardeninggal, that is about all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure others have some good advice too, I know I sure got alot from this board and the folks here. As far as some of the "unhealthy" things, well, we all do it, can't be too good.......

Of all the times hubby and I have to go for blood tests is in Jan., right after the holidays, NOT a good idea. Definitely going to make it as late in Jan. as possible, that is for sure.

Have a good one, and TTYL....

Closed Thread