It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

Rig9300 HB User
Tingling sensation in left arm and hand?

I have had tingles in my left arm and hand that come and go for two months. They donít bother me and only last a few seconds. It happens several times per day. Someone on this board mentioned this in the past and said it was one of the many Statin side effects. Does anyone have an opinion?
I am in real good shape and health. I watch my diet carefully and exercise 5 times per week. My cholesterol was high ( TC 241, HDL 40 and LDL 145) so my doc put me on 10 mg Lip. Now my numbers are improved. Been on the Lip. for several years without any problems. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

imasharm HB User
Re: Tingling sensation in left arm and hand?

Maybe this is coming from back or disc problem? Something to do with the nerves? Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Tingling (paresthesias) in the arm usually is traceable to impingement of one of the upper thoracic nerves by either a disc or a vertebra or an arthritic process or even a tendon injury near the nerve root.
If it goes on long, often a chiropractor or some light traction can afford a quick cure.

I doubt it has anything to do with the myalgia or myositis of statin use which generally affects the large muscles (like thighs.)

If it's only in the lower arm, then it could be the beginning of a tennis elbow (no tennis required ).

Last edited by Lenin; 02-01-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User

I wonder if those symptoms may also be a sign of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #5
(male)

Rig9300 HB User

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was more nerve like then heart related.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIZONA73
I wonder if those symptoms may also be a sign of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
If it's just the hand, it most definitely could be carpal tunnel. One of the earmarks of CTS is being awaken in the middle of the night with a HORRIBLE pain in a half numb hand. I had a STRONG friend who was brought to tears on a nightly basis til he had surgery.

Closed Thread