It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
(female)

starship HB User
Heart Palpitations From Statins

Hi To All,

Has anyone ever noticed that they had heart palpitations a few hours after taking a statin? If so, which statin was it? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

janeslk HB User
Re: Heart Palpitations From Statins

My husband had them after his 10mg of Lipitor was increased to 20mg.

Jane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

Come to think of it, I had them too! Felt like someting in my chest going "ker THUNK...ker THUNK...." Haven't had it since I got off them... (lipitor)

There was so many things that I had happen, felt, suffered with while on the stuff that I have forgotten a lot of it... Just like this... and just today I remembered the squeezing around my chest I use to have that would get so bad I would think I was having a heart attack... BURP... it goes away... then start building again...

In researching on the web and through forums like this, I came to realize a whole lot of things I was having was statin related.. Just minor things you brush off of blame on something else. Believe it or not, I even had to quit eating anything made with ground meat for supper or I would wake up the next morning burping it and tasting it with the worst indigestion.. NOW, I can eat it at suppertime.

Some of my symptoms;
*sudden onset of horriable knee pain in BOTH knees
*odd swelling/lumps on both my feet (soft, mushy feeling) that eventually started spreading and are painful. Tingled/itched prior to spreading.
*A gradual decline in energy, downward that continued the whole time I was on the drug, so slow that I didn't even realize it until I quit the drug and got it back!
*Indigestion/bloating/gas/acid reflux
*Vertigo/dizziness
*nausea
*loss of interest in things
*stumbeling when walking or standing still
Towards the end it got real scary...
*Couldn't remember words
*speaking sometimes came out as jibberish
*Memory loss
*confusion
*loss of concentration (couldn't remember the way to places I had been before, ran red lights and stop signs and almost hit a pedestrian while looking directly at her! I gave up driving)
*always felt in a fog like state
*tingeling in both hands
******ing in both hands
*now I can add heart trying to jump out of my chest!

I can not believe I didn't get fired from my job since my performance was almost nothing at work and that is what scared as much as the memory loss.

You have to remember, we are but a "few" that suffer these side effects. so "they" say. I just don't believe that I am one of a very special few that was effected this way. I was on the drug for only about 5 to 6 years and quit them July 2006. My memory improved some but my feet seem to have some permanent damage, still lumpy and swollen with pain.

Last edited by Lulubells; 02-15-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: A statin is a statin and they all pretty much have the same side effect.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

I also had a freind that ended up in ER just hours after swollowing his first statin drug. He waited awhile before trying again and ended back up in ER with the same symptoms... heart attack symptoms. They thought he was having one at the hospital also and ran tests both times and his heart checked out just fine.

The reason he was put on it in the first place was that he'd had a blockage.

Closed Thread