It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

winterbreez2501 HB User
how much should i take of omega 3 to lower cholesterol

how much should i take of omega 3 to lower cholesterol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Guy1_USA HB User
Re: how much should i take of omega 3 to lower cholesterol

Someone just posted to my fish oil question...

Arizona77 said to take 1000mg after each of your three meals, with a max of 3000 mg a day.

Omega-3's are reported to be very good for your cariovascular health, and even improve your cholesterol numbers by lowering triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol. However, they do not lower your LDL. Unless your triglicerides are extremely high, you will not get much lowering in your cholesterol numbers from omega-3's... or at least not that I read anywhere.

Arizona77 has been taking fishoil for 4 years... maybe he will give you his insite.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
(male)

Arizona77 HB User
Re: how much should i take of omega 3 to lower cholesterol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentureMan View Post
Someone just posted to my fish oil question...

Arizona77 said to take 1000mg after each of your three meals, with a max of 3000 mg a day.

Omega-3's are reported to be very good for your cariovascular health, and even improve your cholesterol numbers by lowering triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol. However, they do not lower your LDL. Unless your triglicerides are extremely high, you will not get much lowering in your cholesterol numbers from omega-3's... or at least not that I read anywhere.

Arizona77 has been taking fishoil for 4 years... maybe he will give you his insite.
I have been on Fish oil for over four years now. It is an outstanding supplement to take daily and for the long term. I do not recall my numbers prior but I am most reasonably certain that I can attribute part of my current numbers due to fish oil consumption. Fish oil is good for promoting cardio health, cancer prevention, joint health etc... It is a great supplement to take I would not go a day with out it. Try 3,000mg daily and see how your numbers turn out.

All the best

Last edited by Arizona77; 10-29-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Closed Thread