It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

DebbieZ HB User
Post Natural Ways To Lower LPa & Cholesterol?

Hi,

I'm the one with an extremly high LPa (83)plus a cholesterol level of 325. I'm can't tolerate any of the statins or niacins. So I'm at a loss on what to do. I'm not overweight, 48 years old, family history of heart disease, have Multiple Sclerosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis. I'm very sensitive to medications.

Any suggestions on a more natural way to improve my numbers and reduce my risk?

Thanks,

DebbieZ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User
Debbie,

You may be a good candidate for the Pauling Therapy, which combines high doses of vitamin C, lysine, and proline as its treatment protocol. These nutrients are safe, inexpensive, and are not likely to cause any side effects. Most importantly, it specifically addresses the matter concerning Lp(a), which Pauling believed to be a significant risk factor. You can do a search for more information on the Pauling-Rath Theory. In the meantime, here is some information which I think you may find of interest.

I'm sorry Debbie, but I was unable to create the link. But the title of the article was Vitamin C, collagen, and the Pauling Therapy for heart disease. I'm sure that if you do a search on the Pauling Therapy for heart disease, that you will come across it.

[This message has been edited by ARIZONA73 (edited 09-03-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 01:33 AM   #3

clicker_08859 HB User
what is your percent body fat?
eat more fibre like apple, oatmeal and unsaturated fat foods.
mine went down by 60 points in 3 months.

Old 09-27-2003, 08:25 AM   #4

sixers HB User
DebbieZ,

Have you tried Niaspan. This is a prescription form of Niacin. The side effects are much less than Niacin. Flushing is the side effect most common. If you can tolerate it for awhile it usually goes away. I have been on Niaspan since late 1997. I had what I would call moderate to sometimes severe flushing in the beginning but it went away with time. I am glad I stayed with it because my lipid profile is now excellent. Niacin is the best and maybe only serious option to lower Lp{a}. Good luck to you.

bob

Old 09-28-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
(female)

DebbieZ HB User
Hi,

Just wanted to give you an update on the LPa dilema. I insisted my Doctor re-check it because the first test was 25 then 6 months later it was 84. It's very unusual for it to jump that quick. My recent test was result was 12. This is without any medications to reduce it. I'm so glad I didn't take any medications since I never had a problem in the first place. Thanks for all your advice though. Now I need to get my cholesterol down from 332. Thank God my HDL is 66. My saving Grace.

Sincerely,

Debbie

Closed Thread