It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
(male)

bayman HB User
Stopping taking my Simvastatin.

Does anyone know if there are health issues involved If I stop taking Simvastatin? I have been taking 20 MG a day for about 5 years.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: Stopping taking my Simvastatin.

why did you stop. a friend stop hers about a month ago. and saids she feels so much better. no aching pains. so many people saids this on this board. im doing everything i can not to take it. heard so much negative about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

Some say to wean yourself down to get off of them. I just started skipping every other day for about 3 days then stopped.

You will see a noticable differance in how you feel with in the first 24 hours after stopping it altogether. For me it was like walking from the dark into the daylight. WOW!

Warning.... get ready to feel GOOD, better than you have in years!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubells For This Useful Post:
gabadrian (08-23-2011)
Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

you misunderstood me. im not on statins. im taking krill oil, garlic, niacin. eating better and exercising. its my friend that said the same thing. how how much better she feels now. but what does your doctor say. is your cholestrol going up again. so confusing to me. why would anyone want bad side effects.

The Following User Says Thank You to thisworld For This Useful Post:
pwiese (05-07-2011)
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman View Post
Does anyone know if there are health issues involved If I stop taking Simvastatin? I have been taking 20 MG a day for about 5 years.
Hi Bayman,

I was taking 40 mg of Simvastatin for the past 3 years. In June of this year, I weaned myself off of them because I was having severe muscle aches. My muscles do feel better, but I still do not have the muscle strength that I did before I took the statin and it's been 5 months off of them.

I understand that your cholesterol shoots right back up there once you stop taking them. So far, I haven't worked up the nerve to go get tested.

Good luck,
Missy

Old 11-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
(female)

ranch08 HB User

I was taking 20 mg. of simvastatin, but only for about 6 weeks. I didnt like the way I felt. I just watch my intake of fat/sugar/salt now more closely. However, my local health store doctor reommended something called serraflazyme, which is supposed to help clean out the circulatory system. I take 10 mg. a.m. and 10 mg. p.m. It's an enzyme and I have no ill effects from it.

Frankly, it's difficult to know what is good and what isn't, with all the hype out there. You might want to search for info. on the serraflazyme.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
(female)

Tenacious HB User

My husband is already thin, eats decently well (hardly ever anything sweet, lots of fruits, vegs, little red meat, not alot of dairy, etc), and I had him quit taking his simivestan before to NO avail, His numbers shot right up there where it scared me, we were so disappointed !
The Doc prescribes 40mg a day, but he does fine taking 10-15mg a day (all numbers within range), but if he stops this all together, half of his numbers are out of range and the Ratio is horrible.

Eating right simply does not work for everyone , I wish it did!

Closed Thread