It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

Tenacious HB User
Question Anyone use Cayenne Pepper to reduce Cholesterol ? Does this work??

I have been doing some reading on the health advantages of Cayenne Pepper, it is supposed to be wonderful for circulation, for Cholesterol, for blood pressure, almost sounds too good to be true. Want to know if anyone has tried this, in capsules, in power form stirred in with warm water --if any good results for cholesterol lowering. ??

Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Anyone use Cayenne Pepper to reduce Cholesterol ? Does this work??

Well, I didn't try it on purpose but my last blood tests showed my cholesterol was way down without any changes in my diet or exercise with the exception that I had started putting cayenne and cinnamon into my tea (yeah, I know it's weird) plus I put cayenne on many of the foods I eat. So maybe that explains my lowered cholesterol, but really I have no idea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
(female)

Tenacious HB User

You mean cinnimon and Caynenne in your tea at the SAME TIME? How much of each, and how often do you drink the tea? I would imagine you will keep doing this !

Old 01-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious View Post
You mean cinnimon and Caynenne in your tea at the SAME TIME? How much of each, and how often do you drink the tea? I would imagine you will keep doing this !
Well, this is probably more info than you need but it stems back to when I was a kid and got sick my mom would make this stuff called "Russian Tea" which was basically black tea brewed with cloves and some other spices and then when it was done brewing she would add honey and orange juice and that's what I drank when I was sick.

As an adult, I like the taste of tea mixed with honey and OJ, and instead of cloves I started adding cayenne and cinnamon. The cinnamon adds the aroma and the cayenne just adds some bite. As to how much of each, it varies, but I'd estimate 1/4 tsp of each but at the time I was drinking several cups of tea a day so I guess it adds up. (I was trying to stay healthy so I wouldn't get the flu).

Like I said, though, I have NO idea why my cholesterol dropped but since I didn't make any other real changes to my diet or exercise routine maybe this was the reason. Of course, then I don't know if it was the cayenne, the cinnamon or the tea that did the job, or if they work in synergy.

The Following User Says Thank You to EagleRiverDee For This Useful Post:
iGraphix (03-30-2012)
Closed Thread