It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2001, 08:42 PM   #1

terri48 HB User
Can you remove plaque from your arteries?

I have read Jean Carper's books on nutrition and she says with some foods, you can remove some plaque, but I would like to know from all of you. I imagine my arteries are in bad shape, with my high cholesterol and bad hdl ratio. I would like to avoid a heart attack. Is there anything you know of besides a drug that can work like Drano...just cleaning out the pipes, in other words? I am eating much better in the meantime,

Old 06-14-2001, 10:21 PM   #2
Inactive

eli_dale HB User
Re: Can you remove plaque from your arteries?

Dr. David WIlliams says Grapefruit Pectin Capsules scours the arteries clean....
I have heard though-- you must take 12 capsules/day .... hmmmm sounds pretty heavy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2001, 10:23 PM   #3

Oldguy HB User

Hi Terri
___Exercise, Dr. Bernstein's diet, and red meat and fish protein will raise your HDL's. A common antioxidant formula from a discount house like Walmart, plus 1 gram of vitamin C/day, vit. E, green tea instead of coffee and exercise. N-acetylcysteine is a metal sequesterant that will remove the calcium and iron from the plaque and allow it to disintegrate.. Arkie6 (Alan) has posted a lot of good advice about diet and has tied it to some darned good links. Look for them by search, it's worth it. Be blessed,
________Oldguy

Old 06-15-2001, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Terri and all...Just be careful with the grapefruit, as it does interact with some other drugs U might be taking. I have heard about some people having great results with it, but before taking it ask your dr. or pharmacist about it if you are on any other meds. It seems to absorb something from the drugs, that is why U can't take it with Lipitor, as it somehow intensify's it. I'm sure others more familiar with this topic will better inform you. Take care. JJ

Old 07-03-2001, 03:32 PM   #5
Inactive

Curly Chef HB User

Terri you may want to try a search on chelation therapy. I've read about it healping to clean out clogged arteries. I'm sure it is not covered by health plans and could be expensive.

Old 07-04-2001, 06:50 AM   #6

Oldguy HB User

Hi,
____Chelation therapy uses EDTA (a sequestrant) that removes metals, including calcium) from the plaque; and from the body also. This is done by IV. NAC performs the same function, and sequesters aluminum as well, something not done by EDTA. The cost of chelation therapy is about 8000 dollars and takes about a year. None of it is covered by insurance because our fabulous gevernment "experts" choose not to recognize it. Some poor people on medicaid will lose the aid if they choose to pay for it out of their own pockets., or even if the treatment is donated....is this intimidation? The FDA and AMA, (both now left leaners), won't bother to read the results gained by these pioneers in the field. Unfortunately, EDTA does not work well orally.
______Love and blessings,
______________Oldguy

Closed Thread