It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Test Results...

Dr. just called. The ultra sound showed everything to be perfect, so the small trace of blood in the urine she is not worrying about. If it persist or gets worse, then off to a urologist. The cholesterol wasn't great, but for being off the statins she said they weren't all that bad. Naturally she wants me to try and get them down, and hopes when the pain in my knee and legs subside and I get back to exercising, it will do the trick. She thinks I may have a pinched nerve and ordered an anti inflamatory.

Total Cholesterol........256
HDL.....58
LDL.....172
Trigs....155

I go back for a complete physical in July, so hopefully I will be excercising by then and those numbers will come down. For now, she sees no reason to put me on a statin, as she hopes I can get the numbers down with diet and exercise. She is not a statin lover, so unless it gets really high, she prefers me to try and do it on my own. God bless, and have a good day! JJ

Old 05-10-2001, 11:42 AM   #2

chrismth HB User
Re: Test Results...

Hi JJ:

But didn't you try in the past to get your cholesterol down with diet and exercise? I hope it works for you. I know I tried for 2 years and it did NOT work. I did manage to get my HDL up slowly, probably due to the exercise. My LDL did not budge. But yours is good already. (at one point mine was 26)

By the way, I've had a small amount of occult blood in my urine all my adult life. I had it worked up as a young adult with a urologist. It never went away and has never gotten worse. My last physical last week the dipstick came back "small occult blood"

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Test Results...

Hi Chris..Yes we tried before but maybe this time I will try a little harder. I haven't been exercising almost at all between being sick and know with the knee thing, and that to me is at least half, if not more of the battle. All I can do is try, so that I will do. As far as the blood thing, yes, she said there are people that have that and as long as I don't feel worse, not to worry about it. See, even at my age ya learn something new everyday! Take care...JJ

Closed Thread