Originally Posted by velogirl
It started with cysts on my ovaries that won't go away. That led to bloodwork. Bloodwork showed high liver enzymes. OBGYN sent me to fam dr. and that bloodwork showed high cholesterol too. I have gain 40 pounds in the last year and a half and the only thing I did was stop racing my bicycle competatively. I still ride and workout moderately. My diet is excellent Monday through thursday, I'll admit, weekends can be bad. I will be seeing a liver specialist, but I don't know why or what's going on! I am exhausted but need a sleep aid to fall asleep. Anyone out there who's been through this?
I think that if you give more information, the more response you’ll get!
I don’t think high Cholesterol has anything to do with high liver enzymes. You could have high cholesterol and normal liver readings and vice versa.
Here are few questions that may help to figure out what’s going on:
• What was the liver enz. Readings?
• What is the normal reading for that lab? (Different labs may have different normal readings based on the way they were calibrated).
• Do you take medications, especially the ones that contain acetaminophen?
• Do you drink? Did you drink within 24 hours from taking the blood test?
• How many liver enz. Were high? ALT, AST, AKP, GGT, etc.
Take car and hope everything turns out ok,