It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

soundstrange HB User
Hypochromia without low iron

Hi everyone,

I'm a 27 year old female. I have had 3 blood tests in the past year and all have come back with Hypochromia but without low iron count (143 on the last analysis).

I also have low blood sugar (53), high cholesterol at 265 (HDL 40, LDL 199), trig at 128, high uric acid (6.9) and low folic acid (which dropped drastically from the last analysis: 6 in February and then 3.2 in October). Everything else on the test is within normal range.

I am underweight (5'4" and 105 lbs.) and have experienced weight loss without change in diet or exercise over the past year (but only 5-8 lbs. less than "normal", for me.)

I do experience fatigue, lack of energy, irritability, and am in general an anxious person. I stress out about everything. Due to the low glucose, I get very weak, dizzy, and feel an urgent NEED to eat something, not just a craving (especially after doing exercise or walking very fast outdoors and then entering a warm place and stopping activity, aka my job!) I also get bad colds very often. (I have been given antibiotics 4 or 5 times in the past year for pharyngitis.)

All three doctors that I have seen have given my case little importance. THe first one didn't even see the hypochromia on the analysis and just assumed that I had anemia and gave me iron. Another gave me glucose pills for when I hit those low points. I have never been like this and am worried about my health. A (doctor) friend of mine said that some of the symptoms sound like insulinoma, but that that was usually associated with weight gain, not loss.

I'm getting a bit desperate. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
(male)

arey12345 HB User
Re: Hypochromia without low iron

Hi, I read your history but unfortunately after 1 year. I was wondering if any particular diagnosis has been made. I am just curious to know about it because one of my aunts have almost similar symptoms. Thanks.

Reply Reply