It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
(male)

scaredboy HB User
Smile New to this please Advice

Hi Been keeping unwell and been hooked on to Healthboards trying to figure out which symptom matches my condition. Doing that Was quite a disaster and it freaked me out. I went and got my Health Profile done with all the tests. My CBC Tests were absolutely fine, Kidney Function Test - Normal, Liver Test - Normal , Thyroid Tests - Normal.

However my Vitamin D Levels were low @ 15pg/ml and my Cholesterol Levels were very high according to the doctor for my age.

Report :

Serum Cholesterol : 266.8
HDL : 34.0
LDL : 205.1
VLDL : 27.7

Serum Triglycerides : 139
Total Lipids : 672

CHO/HDL Ratio 7.84:7

There is slight numbness in my left leg and checked symptoms of PAD i pretty much fit in there. However i am only 27 years old...I eat healthy but maybe i eat a lot. I think its been triggered by excessive smoking and alcohol. I drink once a week but then i drink it up well. I feel numbness in the legs and while running sometimes i feel muscle stiffness in the legs.

Please advice on the above shared report.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

bbroke HB Userbbroke HB User
Re: New to this please Advice

Dear scared boy, who says you are scared. You are such a brave guy who is smoking 20 cigarette per day with such a lipid profile. Quit smoking at once. Consult your doc you will need Statins to lower your lipid profile. Have you done your blood sugar? If no get it done. If you are sedentary then start moderate aerobic activity. Five risk factors for cardio vascular system are: smoking, diabetics, high lipids, lack of exercise and stress. Change your life style. Take care. Bb

The Following User Says Thank You to bbroke For This Useful Post:
scaredboy (10-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
(male)

scaredboy HB User
Re: New to this please Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroke View Post
Dear scared boy, who says you are scared. You are such a brave guy who is smoking 20 cigarette per day with such a lipid profile. Quit smoking at once. Consult your doc you will need Statins to lower your lipid profile. Have you done your blood sugar? If no get it done. If you are sedentary then start moderate aerobic activity. Five risk factors for cardio vascular system are: smoking, diabetics, high lipids, lack of exercise and stress. Change your life style. Take care. Bb
Thanks for the prompt reply. Ive quit smoking been 5 days they effects make me restless. Got the sugar tests done and they were normal however there is a history of diabetes in tbe family so i have to be extra cautious. Ive quit alcohol too.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
(female)

chalcedony HB User
Smile Re: New to this please Advice

Get a complete Physical Examination. Have your potassium level checked too. Try to see if you might be having withdrawal symptoms from cigarette smoking.

For the cholesterol levels, here is the average normal range:

Total: 140-199 mg/dL
LDL: < 130 mg/dL
HDL: 30-70 mg/dL
Triglycerides: <200 mg/dL

Yours is indeed high. Are you overweight for your height and age? Cut down. Burn more calories through aerobic exercises. Put in lesser amount of calories by eating foods that will lower your cholesterol such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, and other foods rich in omega-3 oils.

Don't be scared. You can have an optimum quality of life.

Reply Reply