It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Horrible Numbers here!!

Ok just got my blood work back:

Total 261
HDL 40
LDL 191
TRI 151

I am a 40 year old female 5'2 150. I know i need to exercise more, i know i need to loose weight.

My issue with eating better is...when i eat oatmeal or wheat stuff i feel like i cant breath right. I eat nuts or most fruits and i have HORRIBLE stomach pain...my question is what do i do now?? Most of that stuff is what i should be eating...i cant eat grapes or grape juice, nuts, lots of diff fruits, and some veggies that are raw bother me. What do i do?? I need some help, i do not want to go on medication...my numbers have always been on the bad side but NEVER this bad!!! I do have family history of heart disease before the age of 50!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User
Re: Horrible Numbers here!!

I am also trying to reduce my cholesterol. So far reduced it 30pts but still over 200. Do you like Greek yogurt? I have nonfat chobani yogurt for lunch. Stay away from full fat dairy. Can you eat raisin bran or Cheerios for breakfast? I'm sure you know to cut out meats, cold cuts, cakes and cookies. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.can you eat salads? I'll try to think of what else I am doing because I don't want to go on statins.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacy56 View Post
I am also trying to reduce my cholesterol. So far reduced it 30pts but still over 200. Do you like Greek yogurt? I have nonfat chobani yogurt for lunch. Stay away from full fat dairy. Can you eat raisin bran or Cheerios for breakfast? I'm sure you know to cut out meats, cold cuts, cakes and cookies. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.can you eat salads? I'll try to think of what else I am doing because I don't want to go on statins.

I end up with horrible heart burn when i eat to much yogurt. I cant do raisins and when i do eat cheerios i have the same issue with the breathing. I dont know what is in cheerios and oatmeal that makes me feel like i cant breath right. I can eat salads and i am going to start exercising daily.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User

My nutritionist is helping me reduce cholesterol. Some of her advice is to take omega 3 capsules or red yeast rice, which I haven't tried yet. Limit foods high in saturated fat and trans fat. Can you eat lentils, beans? Use olive oil.limit eggs or just use egg whites. Does brown rice also make you feel sick?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Do some research on some of the low carb eating plans "out there". If you stick to it, plus start exercising, you could lose weight and also lower your cholesterol. Berries are an excellent low carb fruit. I don't know that nuts are pushed that much. You really need to do the research to understand what low carb means and exactly what foods fall into this category. From what you've posted about what you think you're supposed to be eating I don't think that you have really done this, because most of those foods you name are not low carb.

In addition, you could start supplementing for your cholesterol, but I wouldn't do just this without seriously considering diet and exercise to lose weight:

To lower LDL - Red Yeast Rice Nature's Plus brand

To raise HDL - Flush Niacin but in very gradual increase of dosage. Look up other posts here about this method. There are many!

To lower trigs - Antarctic Neptune Krill oil - I like the Mercola brand.

All the best with this,

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 10-26-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Reply Reply