It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

BonVivant HB User
High but Healthy?

CHOL 321 (yikes)
HDLD 121
TRIG 32
LDL-CALC 194 and no, these numbers are not typos or mixed up in any way.

I am a 56-year old woman who feels great in every way. This freaky number came up from a test for a routine check-up. Because of the super-human HDL and TRIG levels, my doctor is NOT suggesting meds at this point, but is not sure what to add to my already decent regime of a healthy diet, lots of exercise and supplements that have already included fish oil and policosonal after seeing LDL slightly elevated. From what I have read, these numbers indicate Pattern A LDL - i.e. fluffy, benign particles, but this is a really high number. Has anyone out there had similar experience and/or success with driving down the LDL naturally. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB User
Re: High but Healthy?

Re: lowering LDL. Some of us here use Red Yeast Rice and a ubiquinol CoQ10. The best RYR product, in terms of monoaclins and free of citrinin, is from Nature's Plus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

BonVivant HB User

Thanks. Anybody else have thoughts about this profile?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
(male)

bombaywallah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVivant View Post
CHOL 321 (yikes)
HDLD 121
TRIG 32
LDL-CALC 194 and no, these numbers are not typos or mixed up in any way.

I am a 56-year old woman who feels great in every way. This freaky number came up from a test for a routine check-up. Because of the super-human HDL and TRIG levels, my doctor is NOT suggesting meds at this point, but is not sure what to add to my already decent regime of a healthy diet, lots of exercise and supplements that have already included fish oil and policosonal after seeing LDL slightly elevated. From what I have read, these numbers indicate Pattern A LDL - i.e. fluffy, benign particles, but this is a really high number. Has anyone out there had similar experience and/or success with driving down the LDL naturally. Thanks.
HDL and Triglyceride reading is swapped.
and that would make tzhe total choletorol about 230

Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
(female)

BonVivant HB User

Nope. The readings were correctly stated. (Have had previous tests with high HDL and low trigs, but LDL has never been this high.)

Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
(male)

bombaywallah HB User

if it's not reversed readings then it is straneg.
I would suggest taking one more reading at anotehr lab

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
(female)

BonVivant HB User

I know it's strange, but it's in line with tests over a long period of time, which is why I posted the question here.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

Im not an expert, but for certain, your LDL needs to be lower than that at 56. Do you have family history of early heart disease (<65 in a woman, <55 in a man), have high blood pressure, do you smoke? I suggest going through the framingham 10yr risk calculator to see what your LDL target is, but it is likely <130, although depends on your answers to the above questions.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
(female)

BonVivant HB User

Thanks, I have never smoked, don't have high blood pressure or early heart disease in family. I know logic dictates that my LDL should be lower, but I am seeking input regarding the unusual ratio. Anyone have experience with that or suggested references? I've seen some information about my profile indicating "benign, fluffy," e.g. non-artery clogging tryglicerides being indicated, but no leads to more extensive substantiation.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

atengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB Useratengnr HB User

I cant comment. That surely is an unusually high HDL for your age and in general. Do you have a family history of high LDL?

Reply Reply