It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
(male)

schroon HB User
Smile High LDL Need Suggestion Easy To Swallow Pill

Hi - I have difficulty swallowing pills and cannot swallow a good portion of the Cholesterol pills out there. Plus, statins usually give me muscle soreness. I already have fibro and osteo. Have tried diet, no luck. It appears high cholesterol readings are hereditary in my family. Even if I had to take a couple of small dose pills to equal a larger dose would be fine. Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: High LDL Need Suggestion Easy To Swallow Pill

Hello,

Are you saying you want to try alternative methods to lower your LDL? If the pill size is a problem you can always cut it in half. Red Yeast Rice (Nature's Plus brand. It's large but as I said, you can score it in halves or fourths) + Ubiquinol should help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
(male)

schroon HB User

Thanks for your reply. I was on Pravastatin, but the statin drugs do give me muscle soreness. I should say it adds to muscle soreness from osteo and the fibro. I could try the Red Yeast Rice. Do you know if it is gassy because of the yeast? Sounds like a silly question. Just don't want to develop a stomach issue! Not sure if the majority of the prescription drugs can be cut in half. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness in replying to my post! I appreciate it!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroon View Post
Thanks for your reply. I was on Pravastatin, but the statin drugs do give me muscle soreness. I should say it adds to muscle soreness from osteo and the fibro. I could try the Red Yeast Rice. Do you know if it is gassy because of the yeast? Sounds like a silly question. Just don't want to develop a stomach issue! Not sure if the majority of the prescription drugs can be cut in half. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness in replying to my post! I appreciate it!
Hello Again,

I have had no problems with gas nor have I heard of anyone else taking this having this problem. This isn't a prescription drug but something you would purchase at an HFS or vitamin shop. I see no problem with cutting it to a size you can tolerate.

All the best,

Jen

Reply Reply