It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #1
(female)

samanthafremon HB User
Any natural remedy for lowering cholesterol?

I am totally agains medication. What kind of diet can I follow? Oats? Nuts? Olive oil?

Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Any natural remedy for lowering cholesterol?

It would be helpful if you post your entire cholesterol panel numbers so the correct suggestions can be made.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
(female)

samanthafremon HB User

I am 30 year old female, I usally do excersis 4 days in a week and eat very healthy. Cholesterol total 248 mg/dl
HDL 64 mg/dl
LDL 142 mg/dl
Triglycerides: 212 mg/dl

Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
(male)

tommyc123 HB User

There are many supplements that work well. I took 90 points off my cholesterol in 8 weeks, after lipitor made me too tired.
However, fiber really works well, is proven, there is nothing to argue about like with some supplements. I take Metamucil twice a day, oatmeal every day, plus other sources. Fiber really works well with the extra benefit that you will lose wight because you will feel fuller.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User
Smile Re: Any natural remedy for lowering cholesterol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthafremon View Post
I am totally agains medication. What kind of diet can I follow? Oats? Nuts? Olive oil?
Hi Samantha,

I don't know whether you still check this forum but I will write some experience we've had with a remedy anyway hoping that you will come across it. You need:

1. Kalu-duru seeds dried (known as "Nigella Sativa")
2. Fenugreek seeds dried
3. Murraya koenigi leafs dried (curry leafs used for cooking Sri Lankan dishes)
4. Gambooge dried (when dried this 'fruit' is black and pretty sour tasting, again used in cooking)

Going to an Indian Grocery Shop or a Sri Lankan Grocery Shop will give you access to these ingredients. The 4th one is the difficult one because it comes as the fruit itself in dried form. Powdering this is not the easiest but you might get lucky because sometimes, they do offer it in powdered packs too. If you are unable to find the powdered pack, try grinding it to the best you can.

You need to take DRIED quantities of equal weight of the above 4 things. Remember that it is the DRIED weight that has to be equal. Grind them till powder form and mix all ingredients well. Keep it stored in an air tight bottle and after breakfast and dinner, take 1 teaspoon full of this powder with water. That is 2 teaspoon fulls a DAY. After about 2 weeks you should see significant normalizations of cholesterol levels.

BTW, the shop owners might not know these scientific names but they are SURE to carry these ingredients so do check on the 'spices' shelves.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gugulimo; 05-07-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
(female)

jd2730417 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthafremon View Post
My digestive system is sensitive to Milk, Vitamin D, Egg Yolk & more. Read "The Metabolism Miracle" by Diane Kress for dietary help. Meanwhile Read labels, avoid Cholestorol(meats, egg yolk, etc). Too many side effects when I took prescription statins. BUT My Cholestoral count went from 256 to 199 in 3 weeks when just before bedtime I took B3(Niacin 500mg, not flush free, Solaray) with the natural statin RedYeastRice(Sam's Club 2x 600mg). My MA said continue regimen come back 6 months. Had to stop RYR due to palpitations. Daily still taking Time Release Niacin, 500mg(Kmart/Vitasmart 250mg x2), CoQ-10,(50-100mg, Sundown Naturals). Plus will continue B3/Niacin 500mg at bedtime 4-7x a week. Hind sight: Best way to keep cholestorol down: dont let it get high, watch diet, keep active.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd2730417 For This Useful Post:
maricuyita (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
(female)

maricuyita HB User

Thanks for the info. I started the Niacin too after reading the book: The great Cholesterol Myth featured on the Oz show. I hope it works as good as it did to you. I took statins for about 10 years and I said no more to my doctor after reading & experiencing some of the side effects. I follow the advice of starting slow with straight Niacin (nicotinic acid) 100 mg and working your way up gradually to a higher level, in divided doses. I hope it works!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
(female)

jd2730417 HB User

Glad you discovered B3/Niacin. I've been taking 500mg for 17 years, when I go off it I notice brainfog, sluggishness after month or so. The niacin 'flush' can be scary but I've learned it means it's working. My boss was prescribed B3, took it in the a.m. turned beet red in front of the whole office, not advisable.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
(female)

maricuyita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2730417 View Post
Glad you discovered B3/Niacin. I've been taking 500mg for 17 years, when I go off it I notice brainfog, sluggishness after month or so. The niacin 'flush' can be scary but I've learned it means it's working. My boss was prescribed B3, took it in the a.m. turned beet red in front of the whole office, not advisable.
Thanks for that info. I agree that the flush can be scary. Did your cholesterol went down with the niacin? how long did it take? I hope it works because my doctor is against it and only want me to take statins. I guess I need to find a new doctor.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
(female)

jd2730417 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maricuyita View Post
Thanks for that info. I agree that the flush can be scary. Did your cholesterol went down with the niacin? how long did it take? I hope it works because my doctor is against it and only want me to take statins. I guess I need to find a new doctor.
Please read my previous posts:

Cholesterol went down in 3 weeks with the Niacin/RedYeastRice at night plus removing cholesterol from diet. Drs. are brainwashed by Big Pharma, changing to another Dr. may not change their parroting. Did my own research & changing to a 30-yr old woman Drs. Assistant in same office made a difference for me but still had white coat syndrome. Good luck...

Old 09-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #11
(female)

samanthafremon HB User

I try first with fish oil supplements. I took everyday two capsules of Omega-3.
I got again a blood analysis and my LDL was already down! I have to admit I was very excited.

I start using red yeast rice. So I started to use 1200 mg of red yeast rice (two capsules twice daily) and continue the fish oil supplements.

I'm now continue these supplements and I'll see what my results will be next year. But thinking to buy soluble fiber ...or better CoQ10???

Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
(male)

damz68 HB User

My mother and I have both lowered our cholesterol using Benecol Butter. I also eat Cheerios instead of eggs.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
(male)

Imacarbuff HB User

I'm wondering-what would you be putting that butter on? I'm looking to dump statins completely in the near future-but I need a host of things to replace them. I've never eaten butter (I know, I know-I also don't like cheese!) but I'm willing to start if it is really effective. I'm wondering.....what else is going along with the butter to lower your cholesterol?

Reply Reply