It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

Lindat68 HB User
Red Yeast Rice

I have high cholesterol- it runs in my family, on both sides. My bad cholesterol is high but my good cholesterol is really high. My cholesterol is 248I exercise 5 days a week/ 30 min and eat healthy about 95% of the time. I don't want to take any statins so my doctor told me about red yeast rice. But when I googled it, it said that the ingredient found in red yeast rice to lower cholesterol has all but been removed and now there are only trace amounts found.
So, I am not sure if I should even bother taking it.
I am open to ideas and suggestions. Natural remedies only please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
(male)

yackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB User
Re: Red Yeast Rice

Hi Lindat68,

Welcome to the board.

Instead of rewriting everything about current RYR products, may I suggest you do a search on this board for my name as there is an awful lot of information that I have written on this proven product.
Also search for 'Natures Plus' (brand of Red Yeast Rice). This product works and has been very beneficial to a fair few members of this board.

Your high HDL will only drop a couple of points when taking RYR but your LDL will drop from between 20 and 35%.

If you need further info after reading my posts, then feel free to ask.
Happy reading.

To help you, here are a couple of board links.:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/high-cholesterol/733419-red-yeast-rice-effective-pravachol-latest-research-study.html

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/high-cholesterol/827545-question-yak-re-ryr.html

ps. It would also help us if you could provide us with your full lipid results as individual figures mean very little.

Yack.

Last edited by yackedar; 02-14-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
(female)

Lindat68 HB User
Re: Red Yeast Rice

Great, thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Reply Reply