It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

jmf101579 HB User
Cholesterol Numbers

This is my first post on this forum.....I had blood work done on new years eve day and my results came back on the high side....total cholesterol was 280, tryglicerides 214, LDL 189 and the HDL was right aroudn the normal number (i cant remember what it was exactly) for my age (33) that was pretty high....so i went on a strict low fat/animal diet, lost 14.5 lbs and went back 6 weeks later and it went down drastically....total cholesterol is now 208, LDL 132 and tryclicerides were 192 i believe...but the HDL didnt go up any...still around the starting normal number range....are these numbers now something i should really worry about? was the first bloodtest a fluke. Both were fasting blood works. All the rest of my bloodwork was perfect, thyroid etc. I also have very bad anxiety and was under a ton of stress for the first test due to a death in my family.. Any responses would be so helpful.
Thank You!

The following user gives a hug of support to jmf101579:
hswong (04-11-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Cholesterol Numbers

I'd just keep doing what you are doing. It looks like it is paying off with good numbers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
(female)

jmf101579 HB User

thank you...im a little annoyed with my dr. He had the nurse give me the results on both occasions, which is fine. But I dont know how far I have to go after the 2nd retest as far as what I can or can not eat. I have not had read meat in almost 3 months, have not had anything deep fried etc. I put a call into him today, jsut would like to know what I can eat per day as far as mg a day of cholesterol. I worry alot. I also have bad anxiety and ibs/acid reflux....I think everything is feeding off of each other.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf101579 View Post
jsut would like to know what I can eat per day as far as mg a day of cholesterol.
It's not usually dietary cholesterol that is a big issue for most people, it's saturated fat because your body makes cholesterol and when you have high cholesterol that's generally where it is coming from and how much it makes depends on what you eat. Obviously you don't want to go overboard on eggs or shellfish for example but dietary cholesterol isn't where the bigger issue is because that's not usually where the bulk of cholesterol is coming from, it's being manufactured by your body.

Last edited by captjane; 03-18-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No one is going to give you that kind of information because everyone is different. Red meat and deep fried foods aren't good for you in general anyway so I would n't eat them regularly whether you had a cholesterol problem or not. Once a month maybe ? Try that and see if your numbers change in the next annual test.

Last edited by Titchou; 03-19-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
(male)

Global48 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf101579 View Post
This is my first post on this forum.....I had blood work done on new years eve day and my results came back on the high side....total cholesterol was 280, tryglicerides 214, LDL 189 and the HDL was right aroudn the normal number (i cant remember what it was exactly) for my age (33) that was pretty high....so i went on a strict low fat/animal diet, lost 14.5 lbs and went back 6 weeks later and it went down drastically....total cholesterol is now 208, LDL 132 and tryclicerides were 192 i believe...but the HDL didnt go up any...still around the starting normal number range....are these numbers now something i should really worry about? was the first bloodtest a fluke. Both were fasting blood works. All the rest of my bloodwork was perfect, thyroid etc. I also have very bad anxiety and was under a ton of stress for the first test due to a death in my family.. Any responses would be so helpful.
Thank You!
Motivating post. Keep doing whatever you did for those 6 weeks. Abviously it worked well for you. I also suffer with high cholesterol and you have encouraged me to do a 6 weeks diet. Thansk!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
(male)

yackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB User

Hi,

Agreed, keep doing what you are doing. But, address the high Triglyceride level and only consume the good fats. Use Extra Virgin Olive oil for frying or on salads. Takes a little to get used to but is of great benefit health-wise.

Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good. (Reduces disease risk).
Saturated and trans-fats are bad. (Increases disease risk).

Lowering Trigs is fairly easy with the intake of Krill oil high in Astaxanthin (>0.75mg per 500mg Oil) and Phospholipids. eg: Source Naturals 'Arctic Pure'.
One gram of Omega 3 fish oil containing =>600mg EPA and =>300mg DHA, maintaining a 2:1 ratio will certainly be of benefit and will also help in reducing your LDL.

Good luck
Yack.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
(female)

hswong HB User

Hi,
If you do know the secret of you being living tomorrow is simply knows what's your number were today, will you get your cholesterol numbers?

The ideal cholesterol levels are below:

Total Cholesterol: <200mg mg/dL ( ideal# ~150mg/dL)
LDL: <129mg/dL (Ideal number <100mg/DL)
HDL: >40mg/dL (Ideal Number: 50/60mg/dL)
Triglyceride: <150mg/dL

I would like to share with you on reducing your cholesterol and triglyceride with one amazing natural product with clinically proven result, safe, effective!
That is Bioslife Slim, you may email to bioslifeslim_hlp@live.com.my so that i can send you and sharing more detail information to you guys.
It REAlly Works!! Amazing! Hope it helps~

Last edited by hswong; 04-11-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

Keep eating healthy and exercise. You are young for meds, it took me a year to get my numbers down to normal and it can be done. Don't worry so much. You know the routine, eats lots of foods with fiber, fish with omega 3, you can take fish oil too. Skip foods that contain hydrogenated or partial hydrogenated oils in it. Good luck to you!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
(male)

yackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB User

Just a couple of points to what I have already written.

Taking additional fish oil along with Omega 3 supplementation is not wise nor necessary.
Ensure that any oils you do take.... DO NOT contain Omega 6. The western world is already poisoning itself with excessive overdoses of Omega 6.

Yack.

Reply Reply