It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
(male)

Dottydog HB User
Crestor headaches...

Hi all, I have tried Lipitor (atorvastatin) and simvastatin but have had fatigue with both of them so I have been moved over to Crestor (rosuvastatin) and although it was initially great, for about a fortnight I felt ten years younger, I now have a near permanent low level headache plus my sleep is not great - though not so bad I can't live with it.
Has anyone been on this statin and had a similar reaction and if so will it pass? I don't want to give up on this one but I am not willing to live with the headache for long. My doctor has said this is the last of the statins worth trying and my cholesterol levels are very high and it is a hereditary condition, not diet and lifestyle.
I am not prone to headaches and my feeling is that it is the statin.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
(male)

yackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB Useryackedar HB User
Re: Crestor headaches...

Hi Dottydog,

Dosages of the three statins would help.

Could you also provide us with your original LDL, HDL and Trig's levels?

My wife's high Cholesterol levels are hereditary, but we have managed to get it to a suitable level over the past several years with a bit of tweaking this and tweaking that. ie: TC/HDL ratio...5.46 down to 3.62 and LDL/HDL ratio...4.0 to 2.37.

Yack.

Last edited by yackedar; 04-24-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
cholesterol drugs, crestor, statins