It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

zipster HB User
Statins!

Got a letter from the gastroenterologist that says i have significantly abnormal cholesterol and triglycerides levels which are significantly outranged. These weren't fasting samples so he want's these repeating a full lipid profile from a fasting sample. If these are still outranged he says i should have statin management. I have heard these have bad side effects which i don't really need has i already have cfs/m.e and i can't deal with extra fatigue and side affects from these too.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Statins!

It all depends on how high they are. You should do a fasting test and then see where you stand. Then I'd investigate but not knowing your real numbers, there isn't any point in getting worked up over it. And make sure they give you a copy of the results with the lab's normal ranges shown as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
If it's any help to you, my husband has been on Statins for high cholesterol for 13 yrs and still on them and he has Never suffered from any side effect's.
I firmly believe in trying something before you judge it. If it doesn't suit you then you have a choice.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipster View Post
Got a letter from the gastroenterologist that says i have significantly abnormal cholesterol and triglycerides levels which are significantly outranged. These weren't fasting samples so he want's these repeating a full lipid profile from a fasting sample. If these are still outranged he says i should have statin management. I have heard these have bad side effects which i don't really need has i already have cfs/m.e and i can't deal with extra fatigue and side affects from these too.
Hi there,

If you want to try something, here's something that has worked. You need:

1. Kalu-duru seeds dried (known as "Nigella Sativa")
2. Fenugreek seeds dried
3. Murraya koenigi leafs dried (curry leafs used for cooking Sri Lankan dishes)
4. Gambooge dried (when dried this 'fruit' is black and pretty sour tasting, again used in cooking)

Going to an Indian Grocery Shop or a Sri Lankan Grocery Shop will give you access to these ingredients. The 4th one is the difficult one because it comes as the fruit itself in dried form. Powdering this is not the easiest but you might get lucky because sometimes, they do offer it in powdered packs too. If you are unable to find the powdered pack, try grinding it to the best you can.

You need to take DRIED quantities of equal weight of the above 4 things. Remember that it is the DRIED weight that has to be equal. Grind them till powder form and mix all ingredients well. Keep it stored in an air tight bottle and after breakfast and dinner, take 1 teaspoon full of this powder with water. That is 2 teaspoon fulls a DAY. After about 2 weeks you should see significant normalizations of cholesterol levels.

BTW, the shop owners might not know these scientific names but they are SURE to carry these ingredients so do check on the 'spices' shelves.

Hope this helps.

Reply Reply