It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

LaurenRae HB User
Coversyl Plus - Switched to Diovan HCT

I have had 3 high bp readings over a 2 month period so my doctor has given me a sample of Coversyl Plus (Perindopril Erbumine 4 mg + Indapamide 1.25 mg) to try. Has anyone used this medicine before? I hate starting new medication - I'm always worried about the side effects. Any replies would be appreciated!

Last edited by LaurenRae; 08-14-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Old 08-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Coversyl Plus

The Perindopril is an Ace, and the other one is a diurectic. I've never tried either of them, but give it a shot and see how it works. Most common side effect with the Ace is a naging cough, I had it with Altace, and the diurectic is suppose to rid your body of excess fluids.

Hope the combination works, good luck. I know what it is like to keep switching meds., as do alot of other folks here, and it is a pain, but guess we have to find the right combo. Right now I am on Avapro, which is an ARB, and Atenolol 25 mg. which is a Beta blocker, and most of the time it works pretty good. Hang in there, although it is a hassle to keep switching, U just might do fine.. I am very drug sensative, so it took quite a few changes to get me on something that didn't drive me BATS!!!! Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

LaurenRae HB User
Re: Coversyl Plus - Side effect?

Well, I took my first dose of my meds yesterday around 11 am - by 4 the glands in the left side of my neck started to feel kinda swollen (don't know how else to explain it!) - and my tongue on my left side was feeling kinda thick. By 9 pm things were the same, but even more so. So is this a reaction to the medicine or coincidence? Has anyone had this happen with these types of drugs before? I think I'll call my doctor this morning to see what to do - I'm kinda scared to try another pill today.

What's the difference between an Ace inhibitor, a Calcium Channel Blocker and a Beta blocker?

Old 08-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

If U look up Ace meds. U will see any swelling of the face, tongue etc. should be reported. I never had that problem, just the wicked cough. As far as the difference in the meds., they all do different things, so your best bet is to go to google or yahoo and look them up. All I know is the Beta's slow your heart rate down. I know zuzu and a few other's that are much more up on the meds. then I am, so hopefully they can explain it to you. Take care...

Old 08-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #5
(female)

LaurenRae HB User

I went to my doctor's yesterday and told him about how I was feeling with the Coversyl. He gave me Diovan HCT to try instead - 160 mg/day. I feel better on this one so far except that I am so incredibly thirsty. I just can't seem to get enough water to drink. Does this go away as your body adjusts to the medication?

Old 08-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is probably the HCT, as I believe that is a diuretic, so drink plenty of fluids. It might go away, but if not, mention it to the dr. and maybe he/she can put U on the Diovan without the HCT....Good luck...

Closed Thread