It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Question Anyone taking clonidine or using clonidine patches?

I have been taking Clonidine for over a year, and I am having frequent blood pressure spikes. I was tested for possible pheochromocytoma and my readings were somewhat elevated, but the endochronologist doesn't feel that is the problem. She suggested I stop my HRT because it's possible that is the problem. She also suggested stopping the clonidine or using the clonidine patch since the dosage would be more evenly distributed during the day. Has anyone had this problem and has anyone used the patch? I would greatly appreciate any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User
Re: Anyone taking clonidine or using clonidine patches?

I have experience with both the clonidine patches and pills. The patches didn't work so well and they gave me some itching and rash at the patch site, but the pills bring my bp down fast.

I too am having bp spikes, but they didn't start until after I added Toprol (beta blocker). I am still trying to get over Toprol, but the bp spikes are not as bad as when i was on it. So, in my case I suspect it is the Toprol causing my spikes, not the clonidine.

Last edited by mgraylorn; 10-29-2004 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread