It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #1

shelbyjosh HB User
What do I make of this??

I had my bp taken at one of those things at Sam's Club. It registered at 140/84. The past couple of times I have had it taken it had been 127/72 ish. I have been having a few other symptoms: left leg numbness/tingling (not like when it falls asleep), nervousness/shakes, sometimes dizziness. What is going on with me? I have an appt. for a complete physical on Wed. 1030. I plan on fasting so I can get an accurate cholesterol/bp reading. Any insights on what could be happening??? Thanks...

Old 10-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User
Re: What do I make of this??

None of those BP readings are that terribly bad. But, when you are sitting at those machines reading about all the risks, they make it sound like you are going to die tomorrow if you get anything above a normal reading. And, besides a doctor's office, those machines are the next most stressful way to have your blood pressure taken. There you are, sitting in front of all these people with your arm stuck in this thing. It's even worse if your spouse is standing behind you looking over your shoulder.

In any case, those symptoms sound more like anxiety from worrying about things. Or, something else. They certainly aren't high enough to be causing any of those kinds of symptoms. Besides, those symptoms would be more associated more with low blood pressure than high.

Pal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2004, 06:01 AM   #3
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Re: What do I make of this??

I have taken my b/P on those machines for 20 months. If the store is crowded, or if someone is talking to me while I am taking my B/P, I will stop the machine. It is kind of tough at times, especially when the stores are crowded & there are people waiting in line behind you.

It sounds to me like it might be anxiety, but I would get full blood tests, including thyroid to make sure. An EKG wouldn't hurt either.

Closed Thread