It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2004, 05:00 PM   #1
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User
Need advice...my dr wants me to come back!

Hello all

Today i got a call from my gp's office asking me if there was a problem. When i told the office mgr. i was going else where and why, she begged me to come in and discuss it with the dr. She even suggested she could get me another dr at the clinic.

I do like the location of the office, and it is convenient, but i don't like smart alecky drs.Most of the staff is polite. My question is, should i go back and give him a second or third chance to be rude to me? I really want a dr that listens and acknowledge my concerns are real. A dr and patient should be a team in creating good health. I don't feel this dr was a good team player bcuz he wouldn't acknowledge any of my print-outs or articles. Heck, he would not even give me start answers. But bcuz of the call, im wondering if may be they got my message.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: Need advice...my dr wants me to come back!

JTU,

Hmm.. It's come to begging now?

It's like any relationship really...If you feel it's worth preserving and that the other person/partner/spouse/DOCTOR is open and willing to "hear" you and work with you to repair a tattered relationship then it may be worth another shot.

On the other hand, you say this doc has been rude and "doesn't acknowledge the articles and print-outs" you bring in.
Is this also the same GP who told you not to come to these boards?

Not sure if someone like that CAN "change". But if you feel that a serious discussion with this GP might work, then by all means have that talk. However, sounds like it might be an uphill battle....

Your call really.

zuzu xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 03:59 AM   #3
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

I agree with Zuzu. I think once a disrespectfull ignoramous always a disrespectfull ignoramous. Someone like that had years of practice being pompous I doubt you will change them really. I say if you like the place and location try another doc that is known to have a better bedside manner. Hey this is our health here we have the right to be very comfortable with our doctors. I love my docotrs bedside manner he talks to me for a long time about everything even cars. I don't like it when I get the other doctors in that medical group..Lisa

Old 10-30-2004, 04:27 AM   #4
Inactive

zip2play HB User

I'm in the same boat. My doctor is desperate for $$$business$$$ so he MIGHT be amenable to change. BUT do I want to waste more time with this nerve-wracking twerp, or switch to someone who might be WORSE.

His location is great for me...I can be in his office in 10 minutes WITHOUT a car and I;ve never had to wait more than 15 minutes to see him...that's a plus especially if I am DYING of something.(I can crawl in and he can say "It's probably viral ")

I guess this is often a continuing work in process...but I feel sometimes very soon he will get a resounding "F#*k off, you stupid fool" out of me! And that, as they say, will be THAT!

God knows there must be a zillion GP's out there!

Old 10-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

Thank you all for responding. Zip, that is exactly my problem..convenience, convenience, convenience. I hate him so much. He won't listen. he ridiicules me and he is so disrepectful. Everything i complain to him about, he blames on my diabetes. Yes Zuzu, he is the same dr that throws my articles in the trash and told me to stay off the computer.

Im just going to have to travel further in snowy, blizzardly, upstate Ny. I just want my health back as close to normal as a 52 yr old body can be. Many thanks to all in helping me to come to a decision.

p.s. Zip i think you're right though. He now knows I have insurance and medicare and medicade and he want the $$$$$.

Closed Thread