It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 01:26 AM   #1
(female)

waheshny HB User
Anti-hypertensive Medications Side Effects

Dear All;
I am taking four different medications now to keep my BP controlled. They are Angiocare, Osmadalat, Cardiolac, Lazix.........I am searching the Net to find website where I can understand what are the possible side effects of using the anti-hypertensive medication.
Does anybody know such a site that discusses and talk about the anti-hypertensive drugs side effects.
Thank You All

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 07:40 AM   #2
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Re: Anti-hypertensive Medications Side Effects

I have never heard of any of the meds. that you are on. If I had my choice I would have never started taking B/P meds. They cause more problems with side-effects than anything else. The same thing goes for SSRI's like Paxil. I don't understand how some of these meds. are on the market with the side-effects that they have. I would rather have slightly elevated B/P than be on meds. if I could go back in time & do it all over again. I would rather have 140/74 with no side-effects from meds. than 116/65 & different side-effects on a regular basis. It isn't worth it. It effects your job, your home life, your relationships, the way that you feel+++. To me that su**s.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

I don't know of a site that talks about all the drugs specifically - most will just mention the classes of drugs in general. If you want to know about a specific drug, do a Google on its name, or something like "Angiocare side effects". You will get lots of hits that way. My favorite site is [url]www.rxlist.com[/url], it gives not only side effects, but info about prescribed dosing, mode of action and so on. If you want to know about the possible interactions between drugs you are taking you can Google something like "angiocare and lazix interaction". There are at least a couple sites that do drug and food interactions.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #4

susieq52 HB User

try *****.com

Old 11-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CASSIEBEL HB User

I like ***** and http://medlineplus.gov/. They both let you choose a drug alphabetically and list a lot of info about each.
Cass

Closed Thread