It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 07:31 AM   #1
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Interesting Point On B/P Meds.

Q: Does a great variance of blood pressure readings throughout the day indicate that the medications may not be working for an individual?

A: No. That is an important point. Blood pressure medications do not necessarily stop the troughs and peaks of blood pressure that occur throughout the day. They just set the pressure at a lower level, but you still see the fluctuations. People who monitor their blood pressure are always surprised by how much variation there is between individual readings.

So being on meds. isn't going to help with white-coat, while treating the anxiety part of it 1st would be a more efficient way.... just as I thought.

It also states that prescribing high doses of meds. make side-effects much more common. The new method is to combine low doses of 2 meds. Then why was I prescribed 100 MGS of Atenolol & 5/20 of Lotrel.... extremely high doses. My B/P is a steady 113/65 this week. Did side-effects kick in... absolutely. I felt like junk this morning.

Closed Thread