It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
(male)

mondago123 HB User
thanks zuza

thanks for the responce!! my iiregular heart beat is my type of heart murmur!!thats all i know about mine!!doctors told my mom when i was diagnosed that i could do anything a normal kid could ,but i just had a "sound" in my heart beat!!!well my nose bleeds could be from dry air or heat or rven allergies i may have but not kno it!!! as for my BP readings,i have a log of readings for a month!!about 10 readings!! These readings are done in the morning hours right after i get up i go to this care center!! they are usually 140-145 over 67/71/68/75 and i am fine with the diastolic but i cant seem to lower the systolic!! thanks for the reply

shane

Old 12-01-2004, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: thanks zuza

Shane,

Regarding heart murmurs, some murmurs indicate an abnormality in the structure of the valves or walls of the heart, or of the major blood vessels. However, more often than not they can be, as yours seems to have been, clinically insignificant.. Very often doctors pick up murmurs in totally normal hearts, and they truly are nothing to be concerned about.

A doc picked up one in me when I was twenty. My li'l ol' "murmur" has been long gone for years!

A good doc can tell the difference between different types of murmurs with just his/her stethoscope! Sounds like you had something VERY COMMON ...a functional (innocent) murmur which affects at least 80% of kids at some point during childhood.

As for your systolic BP, you're right, it's slightly elevated...Not sure why. Anxiety...fatigue..stress....running around...on the fly...infection... being run down in any way...
Is the only place you get your readings at this care center? And what exactly IS this care center? Does a nurse take your BP? if so, she may not be taking it correctly..I can't TELL you how many so-called medical "professionals" don't have a clue on how to do this properly.

Might be a good idea (for your own peace if mind) to invest in a good home BP monitor.

Best place to get accurate resting BP is at home in your own environment.

zuzu xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #3
(male)

mondago123 HB User

thanks zuzu

thisurgent care is a mini hospital or doctor office u can go to for sudden emergencies or if u dont have a primary doc,like me, and ten help you!! they are doctors and nurses and yes a nures checks my bp with a machine and sometimes the machine is reading and as it is deflating,it starts taking it again,as if it could not get a reading!! i notice i get higher readings in my left arm than in my right arm!!! i move furniture and put some together and sell furniture for a living for the last 3 years!!! i dont know if the pushing and pulling and lifting (not a lot of major lifting) is putting pressure on my heart causing the blood pressure to flow higher!! i am nervous a lot when i get my blood pressure checked and i can feel my heart rate in my chest,so maybe my readings are caused by my worry and nervousness!!! i am gonna tryand get a doc and insurance in the next month or so!!!But i have been getting nose bleeds lately!!i get blood in my snot everyday,and the nose bleeds which last a couple minutes,are every so often!!! so thats why i am so worried about this situation!!! but my diet and exercise i have been doing seems to take no affect on my readings!!! But god only knows what is in store for me!!!\

thanks shane

Old 12-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #4
Inactive

Random2 HB User

Systolic could elevate, because of nerves, anxiety & etc. I don't think that a doctors office is the ideal place to take B/P for that reason.

Closed Thread