It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #1

cynder HB User
Dizziness and Atenolol

I am so confused. I suffer from dizziness 24/7 and have had it for almost 2 yrs now. It seemed to be getting better but since I started the atenolol 25 mg almost a month ago I notice I am more dizziy. It is worse in the eveing. I take my pill around 10. I just do not know if it is the BP pill or the vestibular condition. Guess my question is has anyone else had constant dizziness with this drug? Is it had to get off of it after a month? I have an appt with my dr on Tuesday but I dont feel he is going to help. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #2

mrmojo HB User
Re: Dizziness and Atenolol

atenolol worked great for me for a couple months - dropped my bp to 120/80

then i started to get dizzy spells, i almost fell off a scaffold one day & went to see the dr

the atenolol was making my pulse go way too low & that was causing the dizzy spells

plus it quit doing what it was supposed to & the bp was coming back up, probably compensating for the low pulse - less beats, the pressure goes up to increase flow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 07:20 AM   #3
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Re: Dizziness and Atenolol

It was one of the side-effects that occurs in me on a weekly basis on Atenolol. It shot my pulse down to the low 50's on Friday. B/P went down to 110/64 as well. The research that Palmadedes presented was very interesting. Is Atenolol really doing much of anything? Being dizzy is no fun. It happens a few times during the week.

Closed Thread