It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2004, 10:36 PM   #1

Gazun HB User
Anyone heard of RESPeRATE?

I just read about RESPeRATE. It's supposed to help lower your blood pressure by teaching you a slower method of breathing for 15 minutes a day. The site says it has now been approved by the FDA. My husband has just been put on Diovan to lower his BP and we're not sure if this is also a good idea. Since it isn't a drug, I guess it can't hurt, but it's quite expensive so we're not sure if it's worth it. I'd really love to hear from anyone familiar with it.
Thanks
Johanne

Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: Anyone heard of RESPeRATE?

I've never seen one nor talked to anyone who used one. However, I did a search on the boards a week or two ago about it. I noticed in one thread that someone else had reached the conclusion that it would probably be more cost effective to order a CD off the web which teaches breathing techniques.

I looked at one on the web which even had a sample section you could try out online. I haven't ordered it, though. I reached the conclusion that I could probably do almost as well by just taking long slow breaths without the CD. I tried it, measuring my BP before and after, and it did lower my BP. Unfortunately, I haven't kept it up with any regularity. I did use the technique while I was driving several days ago, though. That's one nice thing. You can do it anywhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 06:18 AM   #3
Inactive

Random2 HB User

Take yoga. It helps a lot & is not some device & etc.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Gazun:
A search on this board turned up the following posts. I don't think there's too much good news (although a lot of hope at the beginning!) about this product for BP. Save your $$!

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/search.php?searchid=393478

zuzu xx

Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #5

Gazun HB User

Thanks for all your input. I think we'll just try a relaxing CD. Sounds like any type of relaxing and concentrated breathing will do the same thing for a lot less money. I appreciate all the input!
Take care

Old 12-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

Several weeks ago someone here was going to try it. I can't remember who it was. I thought they were going to come back and let us know how it worked, but I don't believe they have.

You might try looking through several back pages of posts here. I think the term was in the subject title. I tried zuzu8's link and couldn't get anything.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I'd LOVE to try it but would resent spending more than a couple dollars to be told how to BREATHE!
Maybe I'll dig up something in the library (in a PAPER book)!

Has anyone heard anything about Feedback Training. It was the rage several decades back and I've always though it seemed a good idea. I've heard nothing about it in a LONG while.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:33 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User

Welcome back! Thanks for the update. Congratualations on your results. Hey, even if the device encourages lifestyle changes (diet & exercise), it's well worth it. It's even better if you get your money back. Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it up.

Pal

Closed Thread