It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

darkangel284 HB User
Weird question no one can seem to answer

I don't know if this topic goes here, but I'm going to try.

The tips of my fingers are constantly red. From the last joint of the finger, the nail and to the tip, they're red on the nail side. My hands are constantly cold, and I get a lot of dizziness and black spots just from standing sometimes. Is this low blood pressure and poor circulation? The doc took my BP about 4 years years ago when I still had the dizziness and he said it was fine. (Though he was pushing me out the door.)

I took my BP recently with one of those wrist ones, and I got 99-107 over damn what was it.. 87 is popping in my head, but if that's impossible I'm probably just forgetting. I don't know what is a low BP. My heart rate used to be above 100 resting, but now it's down to 86, and I'm an average weight if that makes any difference. I also do a lot of typing.

My dad thinks my fingers are weird, and I'm just curious to know what this is. I've had this for as long as I can remember.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:42 AM   #2
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Re: Weird question no one can seem to answer

Go to a an excellent GP (if you can find one.... Good Luck on that one) & get blood tests done. Get them to check your thyroid as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #3

mrmojo HB User

Certain poisons & toxins in the blood will show up as wierd changes in the fingernails and sometimes in the fingertips themselves

I'd have it looked at & probably get a blood test to be safe

Old 12-31-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
(female)

Michelle0925 HB User

I have something called reynauds syndrome where the ends of my fingers get red and stay cold a lot of the time. Its a periphrial circulatory thing. My mom has it too. When hers gets really bad (like when her hands are in the freezer putting food away) one of her fingers goes totally white... you can see it happening. It's weird. Do you notice that in the summer or when your hands are warm the color returns to normal? Or are they always red?

m

Old 12-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #5
(female)

darkangel284 HB User

Lillians Axe: I was wondering about my thyroid, I posted in that section as well to see. Stupid question, what's a GP? I'm not a big doctor person. I'm the type that goes when there's something wrong, so I don't know terms.. and things.. lol

mrmojo: It's not so much in my fingernails, more like right under them, which is weird.

Michelle: I actually looked up that syndrome a little while ago and found out, no that's not what I have. That looks more extreme. Mine are just red all the time, and get even redder in the cold. Once warm again, they resume being just a little red.

** Just a note, today I went to shovel snow outside for 15 minutes. Wore gloves. Came back inside, and I couldn't move my fingers for about 5 minutes due to the burning. The tips were red as well as the middle joint in my finger. The index fingers got the most red. After a while the red went away. It wasn't even that cold out!
I'm afraid my hands are going to get really bad, and I won't be able to play guitar, type, draw, or paint anymore. (I'm 19, so I'm thinking long term)

Oh, and can any of you tell me what my BP reading means? Or point me to a site with numbers and explanations..

Old 01-01-2005, 05:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Angel,

Have a good doctor check out your liver function enzymes. Several liver conditions can cause red hands and fingers.
More likely it's a circulation thing.
If you have some time on your hands, you can give this technique a try...I think I will too:

Quote:
Retrain your arteries. This technique, developed by Dr. Hamlet, really works. First, make sure the room where you're practicing is at a temperature that is comfortable for you—not too hot and not too cold. Sit for five minutes with your hands in an insulated container filled with hot tap water. Then wrap your hands in a towel and move to a chilly area—the porch or basement, for example. Now, unwrap your hands and dunk them into a second hot-water container for ten minutes. Then go back indoors for another two to five-minute dip. Repeat this routine 3 to 6 times every other day for a total of 50 times. "Our studies showed that after the immersion procedure, hands remained seven degrees warmer when exposed to cool air," says Dr. Hamlet. The results can last two years or longer, he adds.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #7
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

When i was on lipitor and my liver enzymes were alleviated, my palms and my fingers were red.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
Inactive

Random2 HB User

GP- Your regular physician....

Old 01-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

CASSIEBEL HB User

GP - General Practice - No Special Training.
Cass

Old 01-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

Angel,

I have heard that smoking, stress and even side effects of some medications can cause cold, red, hands and feet.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #11
(male)

gavntricia HB User
Lightbulb Re: Weird question no one can seem to answer

OK YOUR BP READINGS ARE YOUR SYSTOLIC AND DIASTOLIC A PERFECT WORLD FOR MOST WOULD BE 120/80 BIT HARD TO GET BUT IN THAT RANGE IS GOOD.

THESE NUMBERS SHOW THE BLOOD PUMPING IN ON ONE AND OUT ON THE OTHER.

YOU NEED TO GO TO THE GP (GENERAL PRACTITIONER) TELL HIM/HER YOU NEED BP TAKING SITTING AND STANDING AND LAYING FLAT FULL BLOOD WORK THYROID AND POTASSIUM ASWELL.

ALSO GET YOU FINGERS AND I WOULD ADVICE TOES INCASE CHECKED TO SEE THAT NO NERVE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE THROUGH OUT THE PERIODS YOU HANDS HAVE BEEN IN THIS WAY.

POST BACK SOON GOOD LUCK OH a good BP range to stay in for a health young adult woulld be this is sitting and standng with in 20 give or take on the scale so 100/60-120/80

Closed Thread