It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

lavenderfields HB User
Side effects of beta blockers and thiazide diuretic?

I was reading some of the other posts about beta blockers causing weakness and stomach problems. I have been experiencing both and wondering if it's the blood pressure medication I'm taking. I am currently taking Ziac which is a combination of bisoprolol and hydrochlorathiazide. I'm taking the lowest dose of 2.5mg/6.25mg. There are days when my legs feel really weak that when I walk they feel like jello. Then I'll lay around and rest for a day or so and it gets better. But, then when I lest expect it the weakness comes back. I also experience from time to time parethesia. My GP sent me to a neurologist and I had the full exam for MS and everything came back normal.

Is this the type of weakness you can experience from a beta blocker or diuretic? Also what type of stomach problems can you have from taking a beta blocker or diurectic? I would appreciate anyone listing any and all symptoms they've had from taking these type of medications. I'm also experiencing a lot of other weird stuff that I think might be from the medication.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User
Re: Side effects of beta blockers and thiazide diuretic?

I don't take the same Beta Blocker so I am not 100% but I do know the one I take causes Fatigue real bad. I have been on Inderal for a year and have had a host of problems one of which is being tired all the time. Another odd one is a pain on the front side of my neck almost like a muscle spasum that downright hurts! I take mine at bed time as recomended and it does mess with my sleep a little too.
Not too encouraging but... I would put a call in and ask your Dr. Nurse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

PS Lavenderfields.... I was on 120 mg on Ideral and was blacking out in public. Needless to say this was not good. They lowered my does to 80 mg a day and no more fainting but drop dead tired no matter how much sleep I get. Maybe your dose is too high?

Old 01-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CASSIEBEL HB User

Sounds like the dose is too high. I used to get very dizzy on atenolol 100mgs doc cut me down to 50mgs and the dizziness went away. It still makes me tired all the time and exercising is nearly impossible. No stomach problems though.
Cass

Last edited by CASSIEBEL; 01-06-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #5
(female)

amatos HB User
Angry Re: Side effects of beta blockers and thiazide diuretic?

I am taking 100mg of atenolol and am constantly tired and can't sleep at night. Is anyone having insomnia who is taking this drug.

Closed Thread