It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
I did something stupid.

I could not remember if I took my diovan hct this am and i took another one. Sheesh i am lethargic so I guess that's my answer that I did take it afterall. Wow can hardly keep my eyes open..Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User
Re: I did something stupid.

I've been there and almost done that. I knew the date that I'd started a new bottle and counted the number of capsules I had left vs. the number of days since I'd started the new bottle. I decided I had taken it, but wasn't 100% sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Yup, did that myself last week. I've never done it before and couldn't figure out from the count if I had taken it or not, as I usually have a couple left over till I get my next refill. Now I just put a lil x on my calendar as soon as I take it, as I don't need to be over medicated. Good ole CRS....

Old 01-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Inactive

Random2 HB User

I'm over-medicated everyday without messing up & taking an extra pill, so you'll be fine.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Thanks Guys..I am actually starting to feel better now. I know one thing no one can **** me off now. It must be working great..hahaha

Old 01-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

Get yourself one of those seven day pill holders and you won't have to worry. I would mess up all the time if I didn't use one.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

I used to be soooooo bad about forgetting whether or not I had taken my meds. There were times a few years back that my husband had to tell me whether or not I had done so - and he had had a major stroke and I was supposed to be caring for him! I finally solved the problem, too, by getting one of those 7-day pill holders. If I didn't have that, with my memory I'd not know half the time if I'd taken them or not. After you have done it so many times, it seems you just can't remember, "Was that today I took that or was that yesterday?" The days all begin to run together.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:50 AM   #8
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

I hear ya about the memory thing. I swear after 40 my eyes, ears, memory and ugh I forgot what else i was going to write..hahaha..oh yea my BP and cholesterol went too. I will get that 7 day pill counter great idea..thanks, Lisa

Old 01-08-2005, 06:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I have a hard and fast rule; whenever I am not certain whether I've taken any med, I wait til the next day to take it. I think usually more harm can come too much than for too little. I wish I'd do the same thing at the same time....but alas, after all these years it just AIN'T gonna happen.

But the ARB's are so innocuous that I doubt that too much would hurt anybody.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
(female)

CTLady HB User

Ughhhhh...after today I'm definitely getting a 7 day planner.

I did this with my Norvasc today. I already took a pill unsure if I had taken it. I'm 75% sure I hadn't taken it but now I'm worried. It doesn't help that I'm already tired from too little sleep last night.

Saw this on the Norvasc page:

What happens if I miss a dose?
• Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.

What happens if I overdose?
• Seek emergency medical attention.
• Symptoms of an Norvasc overdose include dizziness, weakness, chest pain, shortness of breath, fainting, unusually fast or slow heartbeat, coma, slurred speech, and confusion.

Should I be worried????

Old 01-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #11
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

If i am unsure if i took a pill, i usually wait until the next day. I would rather do without the med than to od due to uncertainty.

Im too goofey to use a 7 day planner. Id see a pill in one of those compartments and still wonder if i took my med. I have a 7day planner but don't use it.Some of my meds can't be taken at the same times.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu91952
If i am unsure if i took a pill, i usually wait until the next day. I would rather do without the med than to od due to uncertainty.

Im too goofey to use a 7 day planner. Id see a pill in one of those compartments and still wonder if i took my med. I have a 7day planner but don't use it.Some of my meds can't be taken at the same times.
I use a large 7-day, 4x a day pill holder, since I take most of my meds with meals and some before bedtime. I put all my supplements in there for the week, as well as prescriptions. It works fine, since I'm retired and home most of the time. The thing is too big to conveniently take with one, though.

If I was unsure of whether or not I'd taken my BP pill, though, it would be easy for me to tell if it was more than about half an hour later. All I'd need to do is to take my blood pressure and I could tell.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

JTU, It doesn't matter if you take your pills at different times. I take pills in the morning and in the evening. Many times I have wondered if I had taken the evening ones and I just have to look in the particular day's compartment and if they are still there, my question is answered.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

CTLady,

My guess is that you'll get somewhat jittery and perhaps have a bad night's sleep. Heck, catch up on housework if that happens.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

I've come to the conclusion that I am either scenile or the meds have me all screwed up. Can you believe I did it again? This time for a different reason. I got up at midnight last night to take 2 ibuprofen that are next to my bed and what do I grab but 2 Diovan and swallow the darn things . I scream after realizing and it woke my husband up and everything. He tells me to go in the bathroom and try to barf them up. I did and needless to say everything but the pills came up. Sorry for being gross guys but that is it I am going to CVS at lunch and get this damn pill counter with the days on it. God I am really a zombie today I cannot wait for the meds to wear off.. Lisa

Closed Thread