It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

CTLady HB User
Thumbs down I did something stupid too

I read Moxie75's previous post....

Ughhhhh...after today I'm definitely getting a 7 day pill planner.

I did this with my Norvasc 10 mg. today. I took a pill unsure if I had already taken one. I'm 75% sure I hadn't taken it but now I'm worried. It doesn't help that I'm already tired from too little sleep last night.

Saw this on the Norvasc Information Site:

What happens if I miss a dose?
• Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.

What happens if I overdose?
• Seek emergency medical attention.
• Symptoms of an Norvasc overdose include dizziness, weakness, chest pain, shortness of breath, fainting, unusually fast or slow heartbeat, coma, slurred speech, and confusion.

Should I be worried????

This is why I HATE taking any medication!!!

Last edited by CTLady; 01-08-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: I did something stupid too

Are you having any symptoms? Do you have a BP monitor at home to check your pressure and see if it is running unusually low?

I have no experience with Norvasc, but see on the website that the maximum recommended dosage is 10 mg., which is what you are taking. So in the event you did take a double dose, that is an entirely different situation than if I took a double dose of my Lisinopril. I'm taking 10 mg., but for years I took 30 mg. and I believe the maximim recommended is 40 mg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
(female)

CTLady HB User

Unfortunately I don't have a blood pressure cuff here. It's hard to tell if I'm having symptoms because I'm tired from lack of sleep last night. I called my doctor who THANKFULLY is on call tonight. She said I may feel tired and dizzy and go to bed LOL I AM buying a 7 day pill counter tomorrow

Old 01-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #4

dianne12315 HB User

Try not to worry too much.

I did the same thing when I was on Norvasc 10mg. I couldn't remember if I had taken my pills that morning or not so I went ahead and took them again so I had a double dose of everything. At the time I was Hyzaar 100mg, Norvasc 10mg, Lasix 20mg, Colonidine .1mg. The only thing I did that day was go to the bathroom a lot. I did go to my doctor that evening and the only thing he could find was that my BP was at an acceptable level. It was 100/60 compared to the 155/100 a few weeks before. I was fine the next day too but he did tell me to hold the next day's medications.

I went out that same day and bought the 7 day pill planner too. It really helps if you don't remember taking your pills. I also got into the habit of taking my pills at the same time everyday and it's also something I do before I do anything else.

I don't usually make that mistake too many times anymore but I figured they wouldn't hurt me because I'm a big girl so I take everything double strength (except my Rx medications.) I have been known to take 6 Xtra Strength Tylenol for a headache or backache and a few times when I've had a bad migraine I've taken as many as 5 Aleve at one time to relieve it. It worked and that's all that mattered. I'm still here to tell about it.

You did the right thing by calling the doctor though and that's what everyone should do if they think or know for a fact that they have taken twice the amount of any Rx medication. Bless you for staying on Norvasc though. I had to get off of it because of the swelling.

Take care and I hope you feel better.

Dianne

Last edited by dianne12315; 01-08-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
(female)

CTLady HB User

Thank you Dianne

I don't seem to have any swelling in my ankles or face but my stomach often feels bloated and I'm sure I've put on a few pounds since I started taking Norvasc in Nov. Could be from all the holiday goodies though

Closed Thread