It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 PM   #1

Ramie HB User
High BP questions

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I am concerned about the quality of care and work up my husband has received for his high blood pressure. I am hoping to get some guidance here from you folks.

My husband has had high blood pressure for about 14 years. He is 52 so I guess he was 38 when he was diagnosed. Wow! This is pretty young.

Anyway, I have been looking at some of the postings here and I am concerned that there has never been a "why" discussed in his treatment. I have offened wondered why he has high blood pressure. I think I read somewhere here that there is primary and secondary (did I get this right?).

I also read somewhere here about folks having various hormones or endocrine testing done to help determine a cause. I was wondering if someone who speak to this as well. He has been exposed to lots of toxic chemicals and I have wondered if somehow this has contributed to his problem.

I have been suspicious that he may have thyroid troubles and well as adrenal. He also has a history of obesity.

Anyway, thank you very much. I am very despirate for guidance. I have been greatly helped on the other boards with my own health problems. They have been life savers.

Stay well,
Ramie

Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #2

Ramie HB User
Re: High BP questions

Hi -

I also wanted to add that we just learned that my husband has possible hypothyroid - i ran his results by the thyroid board and they agreed - while his doctors completely dismissed this finding.

Thanks for your help.
Ramie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
Inactive

Random2 HB User
Re: High BP questions

There is no particular reason why 90-95% of people of High Blood Pressure. Genetics play a big role. Lifestyle changes are important like cutting down alcohol, losing weight, low sodium & etc. A simple blood test can check for thyroid, as well as kidney fuction. EKGs & EEGs can test how the heart is doing & chest xray's can see some things as well. I am part of the 90-95% group & mine is caused primarily by anxiety.

Closed Thread