It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #1

Ramie HB User
Desperately Seeking Answers

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I am concerned about the quality of care and work up my husband has received for his high blood pressure. I am hoping to get some guidance here from you folks.

My husband has had high blood pressure for about 14 years. He is 52 so I guess he was 38 when he was diagnosed. Wow! This is pretty young.

Anyway, I have been looking at some of the postings here and I am concerned that there has never been a "why" discussed in his treatment. I have offened wondered why he has high blood pressure. I think I read somewhere here that there is essential and another typpe. Could someone please tell me what the difference is. thanks

I also read somewhere here about folks having various hormones or endocrine testing done to help determine a cause. I was wondering if someone who speak to this as well. He has been exposed to lots of toxic chemicals and I have wondered if somehow this has contributed to his problem.

I also wanted to add that we just learned that my husband has hypothyroid - i ran his results from 18 months ago by the thyroid board and they agreed - his doctors completely overlooked this finding.

Anyway, thank you very much. I am very despirate for guidance. I have been greatly helped on the other boards with my own health problems. They have been life savers.

Stay well,
Ramie

Ramie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User
Re: Desperately Seeking Answers

I had graves disease when they discovered my hbp was way out of control. Of course i always had hbp (mildly) in my 20's but it wasn't a concern until the diabetes and then the thyroid problems hit.

Im now hypo also and my levothroid has been increased. When i go back to the dr i hope she can figure out why my bp won't stablize.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 08:11 AM   #3

Ramie HB User
Re: Desperately Seeking Answers

hi - thanks for your feedback. I am just concerned that when my husband was in the hospital the labs showed he has hypothyroid and no one told us. I also suspect that he had adrenal issues as well - possibly cushings - and of course, when one endocrine gland goes, so do the rest in time (my thyroid and adrenals are history)

sometimes doctors dont put all the pieces of the puzzle together - they just have their piece and dont try to see how it fits with the others.
Stay well and thanks again,
Ramie

Closed Thread