It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
(female)

archie9uk HB User
To what extent can you feel high BP?

I am 24 and have high blood pressure. I am on medication, but it doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment (refer to my post - High BP on meds).

Sometimes, I can get really stressed and angry over things - for example, when I'm driving and someone cuts me up. Also silly things that seem ridiculously important to me, like forgetting to watch a TV programme I really wanted to see, or forgetting to pack something when I go on holiday. When something like that happens, I can really feel myself "boiling over" and I feel like my BP must be sky high.

What do people think? Could it go sky high at times like that? Could it be dangerous? I try to take deep breaths to calm down, but it can take a while. Does this happen to other people?

Old 01-16-2005, 04:00 AM   #2
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
Re: To what extent can you feel high BP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie9uk
I am 24 and have high blood pressure. I am on medication, but it doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment (refer to my post - High BP on meds).

Sometimes, I can get really stressed and angry over things - for example, when I'm driving and someone cuts me up. Also silly things that seem ridiculously important to me, like forgetting to watch a TV programme I really wanted to see, or forgetting to pack something when I go on holiday. When something like that happens, I can really feel myself "boiling over" and I feel like my BP must be sky high.

What do people think? Could it go sky high at times like that? Could it be dangerous? I try to take deep breaths to calm down, but it can take a while. Does this happen to other people?
You sound like many people I know including myself. I'm sure that the normal person's BP would go up over things that upset them. I know driving makes me nuts. I do try to practice not getting upset over things that are really trivial. I start to say things like that person in front of me who just cut me out may have cancer but then that quickly leaves me and I'm wishing cancer on them. just kidding. I do feel it in my neck when I get upset so I beleive you can feel your BP go up. Take time to really work on not getting ****** think of being on an island or go take a Yoga class or do Yoga at home they have tapes on Yoga..Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: To what extent can you feel high BP?

archie,

I think it can go sky at times like that but it's an individual thing. Some people tend to secrete lots of the "stress hormones" like adrenaline and noradrenaline and renin and aldosterone all of which are meant to save your life by speeding up all your systems for fighting a sabre-toothed tiger. These hormones almost universally drive up BP.
Evolution has judged that a spiking BP will do you more good saving your life NOW than it will be bad for you when an aneurism in your head blows 20 years down the road. ANd silly evolution has no interest in seeing us reach our dotage. Once our children are able to sustain themselves, we become excess baggage as far as genetic survival goes.

So yes, I'm sure if you took your BP at a moment of rage, you'd see numbers that are off the chart!
Again, worse in some people than in others.

Last edited by Lenin; 01-16-2005 at 05:45 AM.

Closed Thread