It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
(male)

Onclou9 HB UserOnclou9 HB User
Home blood pressure monitor

Hey all,

I bought a home BP monitor.....an Omron HEM780. I love the machine and it is easy to use and functionally nice.

However, I took my machine to the fire station a couple of times (both it and the fireman) and it measured about 6-8 points low on the Systolic and about 3-4 low on the Diastolic. I can add the points back but am worried that the machine may be more or less inaccurate, giving me an innaccurate "adjusted number".

BTW, since dropping Diovan and starting Benicar, I feel great. Not so much fatigue and muscle pain. I went from basically not having exercised consistently since November of last year to exercising every day at work. I did an hour and five minutes on the elliptical yesterday and would have kept going had I not had to go back to work! Muscles are workout sore but not pulled muscle sore. My readings have been running <138 Systolic and <80 Diastolic since the change. They were routinely >140 Systolic and > 90 Diastolic on the Diovan.

Thanks for any feedback you can be on the monitor.

OC9

Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #2

mrmojo HB User
Re: Home blood pressure monitor

My omron meter is fairly accurate

If you think it is inaccurate, you may be able to trade it in on another, I'm sure they do make some that arent quite right

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread