It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

jennlpro HB User
Severe dizziness??

I have been experiencing severe dizzy spells! I can not walk or sit up, even when I lay down I feel like the room is spinning, these spells last all day. My vision is blurry due to everything around me feeling as though it is moving. Even when I close my eyes I feel like I am rolling. I have never had these before. I do not know what the cause could be except maybe low blood pressure. I am a small size about 110 lbs and I do not have a big appetite; I snack a lot but usually don't eat until about 1pm. I drink a lot of coffee, sometimes I need about 3 cups a day to get me going. I have never been a big sweet fan, I don't like chocolate so I rarely eat any sweets. I have spells where everything gets blurry and it's hard to focus. I don't know if any of these are related! I'm clueless as to what is wrong with me. The dizzy spells are so bad I can't get out of bed or I feel like I will pass out or vomit, I feel helpless and light-headed. Anyone know what this could mean?

Last edited by jennlpro; 02-09-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Severe dizziness??

jennlypro,
It sounds like a severe case of labyrinthitis.
It usually develops a week or two after a cold and it's usually viral so there's nothing to do but wait it out.
If you don't want to go to the doctor right now, get someone to buy you some meclizine...it's OTC now as NoDoz Non-Drowsy Formula. About 25 mg. two or three times a day should help with symptoms.

If it's been going on for more than a week, I'd get to a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
(male)

popeye77 HB User
Re: Severe dizziness??

That's what it sounds like. The coklia (sp?) in the ear determines balance. I had a case of this once about 8 yrs. ago. I got up one morning and feel down to my knees from lack of balance. It was so bad I had my son drive me to the emergency room. Thought it was a stroke for sure. Bad news was (for me) 1. It took weeks to comp;etely go away. 2. During the examination they determined my BP was high (was not connected to dizziness) and I started down the road of BP medication. Pretty scary when the onset of inner ear problem occurs. If your working (not at home) have doctor write a synopsys of your problem and stay home. Be careful, I went back to work after three weeks and still had episodes of extreme dizziness, in short "bursts" when standing up, or changing head position.

Closed Thread