It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

shishi HB User
Question new to high pb

hi there! I am hoping to find some useful info out there about how to deal with high blood pressure. My im doc says i have severe uncontrolled high bp avg. rate of 180/100's. I have been suffering with this since September. Have tried several meds: Catapress (zonked me out too much), Altace, Cardizem. Nothing seems to be helping. My biggest question is that I am supposed to be going back to work on 2/20, but my human resource dept called today and were unsure if I should be coming back with my pressure still so high. I am going nuts sitting at home, not to mention the lack of funds from being off for sooo long. Is is safe for me to be working? I occassionally feel lightheaded and racy. My job is a desk job. All of my lab test have come back okay except for a high renin level (should be 5 and mine was 26) This indicates something is going with my kidneys but the mri showed no evidence of a stenosis or blockage. I am not overweight, don't smoke/drink, not diabetic and not on the birth control pill No physical characteristics for me to have high bp. Anyway, what is the rule of thumb of working while you are trying to find the right medications? Please advise.
Thank you

Old 02-18-2005, 03:17 AM   #2
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User
Re: new to high pb

I've worked for yrs with hbp. I was about 25 yrs old when i was dx'd wth hbp and worked everyday. I was sent home only once by my doc due to extreme hbp which was 190/100 and that was due to stress at work during a lawsuit.

Where 180/100 is extremely high (i used to get that and above ofter) i continued to work in a very stressful supervisor job for years. I don' know much about renin so i can't really advise you.

What does your doc say about this and does he/she feel you should go back to work? What meds are you taking now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread