It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

sherbear24 HB User
When to take bp in the morning?

Hi All,
My doctor wants me to take my blood pressure every Monday morning. So, I was wondering when in the morning is it best to take it? My typical mornings are... eat a light breakfast, workout for an hour, shower, and then begin my day. Is first thing out of bed too soon? And how soon after a workout should I wait to take it?

Old 02-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: When to take bp in the morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbear24
Hi All,
My doctor wants me to take my blood pressure every Monday morning. So, I was wondering when in the morning is it best to take it? My typical mornings are... eat a light breakfast, workout for an hour, shower, and then begin my day. Is first thing out of bed too soon? And how soon after a workout should I wait to take it?
What do you want to learn about your blood pressure? If you are interested in tracking your blood pressure at home, you might want to take it several times during the day.

If you are only interested in supplying your doctor with one reading per week, as requested, then if you take it upon getting out of bed, tell your doctor that all monday morning readings are upon rising. From what I have read, the blood pressure is at it's highest when first getting up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerzoids
From what I have read, the blood pressure is at it's highest when first getting up.
I have read this too. However, for me, mine tends to be highest in the early afternoon (12pm - 2pm).

Pal

Old 02-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

I've read that too, but I actually have my lowest readings in the morning! I actually had one last week that was 96/65! I didn't believe it so I took it in my right arm and it was 98/69!

Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #5

mrmojo HB User

My lowest readings are IMMEDIATLY after i get up

i can get out of bed sit in the chair & take my BP & it is low

as soon as i start moving around much, use the can, walk downstairs, whatever it is up

Closed Thread