It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

shayne HB User
some help pleasa.......

sweating & Hp,
this is going to sound strange but does anyone have a problem with perspiring more than normal what can I do? I'm 33 and I have had Hp for about 5 year's or so now I take lotrel 10/20 @ night what can I do ????

thank's shayne..........

Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

JIMP HB User
Re: some help pleasa.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
sweating & Hp,
this is going to sound strange but does anyone have a problem with perspiring more than normal what can I do? I'm 33 and I have had Hp for about 5 year's or so now I take lotrel 10/20 @ night what can I do ????

thank's shayne..........

Shayne, This is a tough one. How long have you taken the Lotrel? If it is just recent I do know that sometimes meds have side affects and this may be one of them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
(female)

shayne HB User

maybe,
I'll have to ask my Doctor about that and I'm trying to keep my salt level under 400mg but it is so hard. everything has so much salt it seem's so hard do you have any hint as to what to buy. I mean as far as seasoning salt and so forth any help will do..thank you shayne..

Old 03-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

If you are looking for seasonings that are alternatives to salting your food, consider Mrs. Dash, available in grocery stores where they have the seasonings. It comes in several flavors. My personal favorite is tomato/basil/garlic. My SO just uses pepper.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
(female)

shayne HB User

thank's, I need all the help I can get one more thing does all garlic powder have no salt I checked a few out and it seem's most dont contain salt..thank's again..miss shayne....

Old 03-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

shayne,

Ignore the high blood pressure aspects and look at the HIGH PERSPIRATION:

It's GOOD for you. it balances your body temperature and keeps your fluiid electolytes in order.
Why worry if you sweat like a pig...it's a perfectly normal release of excess body heat.

God help the people who can't sweat....at an older age it gets hard to do!

Last edited by Lenin; 03-03-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:13 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Stumper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
maybe,
I'll have to ask my Doctor about that and I'm trying to keep my salt level under 400mg but it is so hard. everything has so much salt it seem's so hard do you have any hint as to what to buy. I mean as far as seasoning salt and so forth any help will do..thank you shayne..

It is hard when one is looking to keep sodium intake down. If I was you I would try to keep it in the 1,000-1500Mg. for starters. This will give you a little more room and should work just fine. In time you will gain more expertise on how to get it lower if you wish.
There are alot of food choices out there but you have to look closely at labels.
I find that it helps to start out your day with a low sodium breakfast. This wil give you the room you need for the day.
Shredded wheat(frosted) 25 Mg.
Oatmeal from the can -0 Mg.
Cream of Wheat-0Mg.
Coco Wheats-15Mg.
Eggs with toast (look for bread at 130mg per slice or no salt) Use pepper.
Milk will be 150mg per cup.
Fruit is great. Coffee is good but go decaf.

the above are examples.

Lunch can be tricky especially if you eat out. You will learn how and what to watch in time.
If you go to Mcdonalds ask them to hold the salt on the fries. This should make them about 20mg. If you get a hamburger take the pickles off of it. A regular hamburger should be about 500Mg.
Restaurants, load up on salad bar. Use dressing "on the side". In other words dip the salad lightly in the dressing.
Eat chicken, but take off the skin. Avoid ham. Eat roast beef if anything. Eat baked potatoes and use butter with plenty of pepper. Desserts , for the most part are fine as salt is not really a real heavy ingrediant, just take it easy. Sweet potatoes good with butter and cinnomon.

Again, give yourself some room, (around 1000Mg-1500) and don't be to hard on yourself if you go over some. Just start again the next day.
Study labels and watch!

Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bharkins HB User

Shayne,

I too experienced excessive perspiration while taking HB meds and it turned out that it was not the meds at all but a parathyroid problem. I would sweat so much when no one else was sweating. My hair would be soaked. I had surgery and I no longer have the perspiration problem.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

shayne,

Here's a guess on the perspiration. One of the ways many BP meds work is to relax the smallest arterioles in the skin. This lowers pressure but floods the surface with more blood than usual. This warm blood near the surface might make the body think it's gotten HOT in the room and perspiration is the body's prime cooling device.
A possibility?

Closed Thread