It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

sevde HB User
Should I Worry??

hello everyone on this board... here is my story....

I am a 38 yr old male that has been working out and running since i was in my early 20's. ive never done steroids and once in a while took ephedra, but not on a steady basis. 2 weeks ago, i took an ephedra and went to the gym. i was not hungry so i didnt eat the rest of the night. the day after, i had oatmeal for breakfast and went to work. i had a chicken sandwich and fries for lunch. i just got back from work and went to the gym. I ran 1 mile and worked out. I can home had a muffin. I then went to go play tennis and soon as i got down to the court, the whole world started spinning!! i sat down for a few and then went to ER. They took and EKG and 3 blood tests. my BP rose drastically as i stood up so they diagnosed me with Dehydration. they pumped me with IV and sent me home. the next day i felt groggy but went to work and started to work on this carpet that i got "somewhat" used. It had drywall dust in it.. the next day.. i started feeling lousy again.. the dizzyness turned into lightheadedness and i felt congested. I then went to a new doctor who took my BP. He said it was 140/90. He looked at me, gave me antibiotics and advert. well 2 days later i wasnt feeling any better so he stopped the vertigo medicine and gave me a decongestant. My left ear was almost completely blocked up. Well the weekend came around so i stopped taking the antibiotic 2 days ahead of schedule. Saturday i felt better (i had a glass of wine) and sunday i felt 90%. I started working on the carpeting downstairs. vaccuuming, cleaning and cutting. i went to bed that night ok. i woke up at 2AM to a stutturing heart and the feeling that if i try and go to sleep im never gonna wake up again... that next day i had the same symptoms from the week prior. my doctor was out of town so i seen another in the same office and told her about my condition. She took an ekg and scheduled me for an ecko. i went in today to find the ecko OK and she just told me to continue to take the antibiotics and degongestant. Im still feeling light/heavy headed (my ears were not blocked anymore and my lungs are clear) and congested. my hands are also tingling.. my blood work hasnt come back yet but im guessing that should be fine.. could this just be a virus or am i experiencing anxiety or did i breath in pollutants from the carpet? i live a single stress free life so i dont know how this could happen?? now i start reading all these threads about people that have been tested for the same symptoms (none of them were congested though) that cant find a cure and i start getting all worried! thanks in advance!! PS my BP was still high as of today (135/90)

Last edited by sevde; 03-23-2005 at 02:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Should I Worry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevde
I then went to go play tennis and soon as i got down to the court, the whole world started spinning!!
Have you often felt your heart jumping, or skipping a beat, or racing?

Quote:
I started working on the carpeting downstairs. vaccuuming, cleaning and cutting. i went to bed that night ok. i woke up at 2AM to a stutturing heart and the feeling that if i try and go to sleep im never gonna wake up again...
There is a connection between allergies and sensitivites and the beating of one's heart. During an allergic reaction, the body's hormonal system pours all kinds of chemicals (hormones) into one's system. When you have tests in a clean, clinical environment, like the doctor's office, the allergens or irritants that bothered you, like the rug, are not present anymore. So....... a lot of the time, the tests turn out normal because the offending substances aren't there to annoy your neuro-hormonal system.

Quote:
now i start reading all these threads about people that have been tested for the same symptoms (none of them were congested though) that cant find a cure and i start getting all worried!
You might find out that various things that touch your skin, that you breath (odors, perfumes, chemicals, pollens, pollutants), or that you consume, will have an irritating effect on your heart. The solution is to avoid those things that bother you. For instance, when working on the rug, wear gloves, long sleeves, and a mask, so that you don't breath in any stuff, and that nothing touches your skin.

Another solution is to take heart medicines that attempt to settle down your heart, by suppressing functions of your neuro-hormonal system.

Quote:
thanks in advance!! PS my BP was still high as of today (135/90)
135/90 wasn't too bad, as long as that was not your low for the day.

Regards, and good luck.

Last edited by Machaon; 03-23-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:49 AM   #3
(male)

sevde HB User

thanks for the reply.. im just wondering how long this will last. i felt a little better yesterday but woke up this morning to all my pressure points in my head throbbing... i feel congested in the head but im breathing ok...

Old 03-24-2005, 09:16 AM   #4
(male)

skovac HB User

Wow this is almost exactly the symptoms I have experienced recently. I am 28 yrs old, I am not as active as you are and I have a bit more stress in life but. I have been battling a congested head since Christmas. I got to feeling better but about 3-4 weeks ago i started to get a clogged head and ears feeling. Went to the doctor and BP was fine and all was great. He gave me a decongestant and antibiotics and sent me on my way. I took them for ten days but the buildup in my ears got worse and worse. I started to get lightheaded and dizzy, sweating a bit more than normal and a racing heart rate. I have been known to miss a meal or here during the day.

So I went in to be rechecked because I figured I had an ear infection. They took my BP and it was 132/102 the highest it has ever been in my life. He mentioned it but nothing more than in passing. He gave me a steroid, stronger decongestant and a super strong anti-biotic. Well After 2-3 days I was feeling better but I noticed my heart was beating out of my chest and I could almost feel my BP elevate. Pressure in the heart, pounding in the temples and flushed face. So I started taking my own BP several times a day and my BP has been 135-148/88-110.....My resting heartrate is 120-130 all the time no matter what (normal for me is 80-90). I stopped taking the drugs after 6 days and havent had any of the drugs since monday morning yet I still have the racing heart and higher BP. I have taken a Xanax and it seemed to calm my anixety feeling and somewhat slow my heart rate but not lower my BP.....Im not sure how long to let this go before I call the doctor. I have been to see him 2 times in 4 weeks I feel like a hypocondriac!

Closed Thread