It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
(female)

sherbear24 HB User
HBP in the evening

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you are more likely to have higher readings in the mornings or at night. Per my doctor's request I take my bp every morning right out of bed. First thing in the morning my bp averages 116/74, but if I take it at night it usually ranges 129/82-145/86. I tend to think about my bp more at night though. So, I don't know if it is just anxiety or not. I am trying not to have to go on any meds. She mentioned putting me on a diuretic. But I am thinking maybe if I lost 10 pounds and started eating better maybe that would do the trick. I am not considerably overweight, but not as thin as I would like to be. I do workout everyday for an hour. My doctor said she would let me try this first and see me back in 6 mos. What do you guys think? How long can one go before hbp can cause serious damage to ones health? I really worry about that. She's still trying to rule out white-coat. After a long discussion she does feel that a 24 hour monitoring test would be a waste for me because all I would do is concentrate on the monitor. Sorry for the long post. Any advice would be great!! Thanks so much in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

pal7778 HB User
Re: HBP in the evening

Your bp really isn't high; there are all kinds of reasons it might be higher at night. Don't obsess over them as they are probably beyond your control. Losing weight
is the best thing you could do to reassure yourself that you're basically healthy. And take it from me, being overweight will cause your bp to creep up over the years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread