It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

mome22 HB User
14 yo with syncope

I have a 14 yo daughter with neurocardiogenic syncope. She was having problems with her asthma last Monday and went to the ER. She had a cold that caused the flare up. She started feeling better so I let her go to her 8th grade field trip to a water park. Well, she wasnt feeling too good that morning but I let her go anyway(my friend was going with her daughter which is my daughters best friend), she had my daughters inhaler and stuff and I live 2 minutes from the park. Anyway, cold symptoms again. By the time she got home she was exhausted and sunburnt(with the use of sunscreen). She drank lots of water also. By 5am this Tuesday I hear her yell "MOM". She walked into my room and collapsed. She told me she got up to get a drink and go to the bathroom and next thing she remembers is trying to figure out where she was. She passed out in the bathroom and had fallen half into the bathtub. We dont know how long she was out but she said her face was all tingling. I had her lay in my bed because her dad had already left for work in the one car that works. She went to the doctor at noon who said she has to go to her cardiologist. Iguess in the office her BP was still low. The nurse had taken it in her right arm then left. She then left the room and another nurse came in and did the same. Next the doctor came in and said to watch her and no school for a couple days. If she had another episode to go staright to the ER and call him. Does anyone else have this? If so, do you get tingling? Im really concerned. I have been dx with PSVT but have been doing good unless Im sick. Im hoping she outgrows whatever is going on. Sorry this is so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread