It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Anyone's body trying to maintain a certain BP?

Greetings,

I have noticed something and wondered if anyone else has noticed this. I have found that when my blood pressure is in a "normal" range (130/75) that my heart rate will increase to 90 bpm. My average pulse is 65.

On the other hand, when my BP is high (150 or more over 90 or more) then my pulse will drop to 52 or so bpm.

Anybody else notice this?

Regards, Brenden.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Anyone's body trying to maintain a certain BP?

Benden,

I think mine tend to go in tandem...both high or both low. But I've never really tried to correlate them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

pal7778 HB User

What medication are you on? When your pulse is 90, is that because you've just finished exercising (bp always lowers in the immediate aftermath of...)? A bp of 52
could be the good news that you're very fit, or the bad that your overmedicated in some way.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Brenden,

This sometimes happens to me too. I posted the following not long ago that might explain things a bit:
________________________________________ _________________________
..The body has several compensatory mechanisms that control blood pressure. One mechanism is the amount of blood pumped from the heart (cardiac output) and this is reflected in your heart rate.

These compensatory mechanisms are activated by cells that act as sensors, located in the arteries. They're called called baroreceptors and they constantly monitor blood pressure.

Basically you've got your own personal BP monitor built right in!

When these sensors detect a change in blood pressure, they trigger a change in one of the compensatory mechanisms in order to maintain a steady blood pressure.

SO...often, when your BP lowers, the sensors signal the heart to change the rate and force of heartbeats..... e.g to beat faster.

So your built in sensors are actually telling your heart to "correct" your blood pressure!..."
________________________________________ ________________________
zuzu xx

Old 05-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User

Greetings,

I am on a diuretic, plus I have re-incorporated 2.5 mg of lisinopril back into my treatment. I respond very well to even this baby dose of lisinopril.

I tend to agree with the "built in" BP control. When my BP goes high, my pulse is lower, and vica versa. It seems as though my body "likes" my pressure to be at least 135/80. When I was taking a higher does of lisinopril (10mg) my pressure was routinely 125/72 and I had no energy and was light-headed, etc. But when it is higher, I feel better.

Does your body adjust to lower readings after awhile? Or are some here still feeling crummy, with good BP numbers?

Regards, Brenden.

Closed Thread