It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Cher2005 HB User
Why do I hear my pulse beating in my ear?

Could it be anxiety? Or do you think my blood pressure is to blame as it's been a little high lately?
I'm trying to totally quit cigarettes and it's very difficult so I take a bit of xanax. But I am still smoking a little. Only 4 puffs off a cigarette 3 or 4 times a day, then I throw them out.
I'm disturbed by the pounding in my ears. Does anyone know if this denotes a dangerous condition?
I'm having a carotid scan and a heart scan in another week.
My diastolic number is usually very good, under 80, usually in the 70's/ My systolic number runs high sometimes though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: Why do I hear my pulse beating in my ear?

I wouldn't get too worried about it. This has happened to me when my ear was almost plugged with ear wax, then when my blood pressure got just a little high I would hear it. Do you have a blood pressure monitor at home so you can check your own pressure? If so, it should be easy to determine if your pressure is just a bit higher than normal or if it is seriously high. Hearing it in your ear shouldn't by itself be a major concern.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Palamedes HB User

What I think you're going to notice more is the pulse pressure (the difference between the systolic and diastolic). So, when your diastolic is low is when you are more likely to experience the "pounding" - especially, if your systolic is high at the same time.

Pal

Old 06-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Oh, I just thought of another possibility. I've had that problem occasionally when my eustachian tube was partially blocked due to allergies, too.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

mgraylorn HB User

I notice the pulse pounding in my left ear about half the time. Its annoying. I have allergies so suspected that was the reason why. In my case it doesn't necessarily mean my bp is high.

Closed Thread