It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

majictux HB User
Question Help are these symptoms normal.

Help I began taking hydrochlorthiazide 25 mg, this is my third day on the pill. I also take 100mg of atenolol for my BP. My doctor decided that i need the diuretic to help lower my BP.

Well I took the pill, and it did help to to get rid of some water, but I have been experiencing since I began them, pain in my left arm, heavy tight chest and sometimes trouble taking deep breaths. I am not to worried about the leg cramps in the morning when I wake up since I do have Multiple Sclorisis have lived with that since 1974, but I just want to know if anybody else experiences these symptoms after taking hydrochlorthiazide .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lane413 HB User
Re: Help are these symptoms normal.

My mom took hctz, but she only complained about sweating and weight gain. But she was also on alot of meds.

Maybe you should do a search for possible side effect. Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry i couldn't help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread