It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

LesLy HB User
Question Doc Couldn't hear BP

Hello

I was just wondering..

This morning, I had my regular follow up doc appt. and they were not able to get a reading of my BP!! 3 nurses tried and were just NOT able to hear it. Then one of them said she heard 150/100 which is WAY to high for me, I've never had it that high before. Then my doc tried it, and she said she could hardly hear a 130'ish on the top #, but that she was just not sure, and that she couldn't hear the low #!!

Later today I checked it at home and I got a 111/68. I've been feeling kind of dizzy, dont know if its going up and down or what! I take propranolol for my hBP.

Does any one have any ideas why this might had happened??

Thanks!!

Lesly

Old 06-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: Doc Couldn't hear BP

If all three of them had problems hearing it, then it may just be a problem with their equipment. You had no problem hearing it at home, and it was fine. Readings can vary from one monitor to the next....whether sitting, standing, lying down. It raises & lowers throughout the day depending on what you were doing. It seems like whenever I go, the nurse, who takes the reading first, always get a higher reading than the dr who comes in about 10 minutes later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread